+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yeah a pic would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Are you VXR enough?

I'll try to get one tomorrow but basically

http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/part/...87/4319/41526/

Part 29 is the venturi that had the leak in the one way valve. Connects to rocker cover at the turbo side.

Part 27 is the pipework that runs at the back and connects to part 29 and the plenum chamber. You can see a one way valve on the part that connects to plenum chamber, I replaced that with a better quality one but I also fitted one on the other pipe you can see as I can't be arsed spending all that for another Venturi for the same thing to happen again.

Part 25 is the piece that runs down to the vacuum pump and also connects into the brake servo thing, you can see a one way valve towards the end of it. I fitted an additional better quality metal one directly after it for belt and braces.

I can now say that my slightly lumpy idle is now perfect also so it must play some part in how the car runs, maybe messing up the air measurements a bit? No idea, but I am happy.

These are the valves I bought

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-8-10-12mm...anner=1&_rdt=1

8mm ID. The previous lifetime warranty ones I bought were **** and stuck open so the vac pump never turned off

Thanks mate. I have one of those one way valves but have horrendous lumpy idle so I’ll look into this.

'55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Did you replace the pipe work with silicone?

Are you VXR enough?

Yeah replaced with silicone where I started messing about so the Venturi is completely intact but the pipe work connecting is all silicone from the Y piece. This is similar with the one running to the vac pump, I removed the last part so the standard valve is still there and all standard pipework before it. Just after the valve I've done silicone pipe then new valve then silicone to the connector where the pipe widens for connecting to the vac pump.

I just got ****** off trying to sort it with standard VX parts as this is the third time now with diff valves and each time the car starts behaving weirdly.

Thanks mate. Did you use 8mm ID pipe

Are you VXR enough?

I used what I had kicking about but the standard valves on the vx pipe are 8.5mm, unsure if that ID or OD but they are pretty wide. I'm sure what ive used was 8mm but it was for such a short piece of pipe I wasnt really that bothered by it aslong as it fitted over the valves without too much effort. I could be wrong on what I've used but I'll measure tomorrow on the stuff I have left over. I was just desperate to get it sorted

Are you VXR enough?

Quick update... Over a week of car not started and the vac pump still doesn't go off. Idle is solid and I don't feel it inside the car anymore rumbling the seat occasionally. The screen shows a solid 0.2 now rather that fluctuating 0.2 to 0.3 on idle and the pick up seems better.

Happy for now!

Still need to this but at least it works. So you just added another filter after the original?

I can’t seem to locate the area your on about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast