+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Alternator or ECU?

My car is still boosting strange, when boosting the car will stop and then kick off again. When this happens I can feel something budge and sounds like something metal breaks. I've been told this could be an engine mount or something, is this correct?

Also, once a day or more, the car will loose full boost and when this happens the revs slowly creeps up after 3k and the car barely moves. The boost gauge reads 5 PSI when this is happening. Whats wrong with my car?

When idling the battery light flashes and the rev dial drops. Could this be the alternator?

If it is the alternator could this be why my car stops boosting due to sending the car in limp mode?

That does sound like an alternator issue. Probably the regulator, but check the belt for tension and feel the inner side of the belt to see if it's rubbery rather than crumbling. Also check battery terminals for corrosion.

And clunking sounds like engine mounts on the way out.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

Cheers mate. I’ve had the boost issue for the last month now. I’ve changed the front boost solenoid, done the bypass system for rear vac box and changed the MAP sensor but still no good signs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the battery condition? Could be that the battery has a dead cell in it and causing issues.

VXRed

Well on the battery it shows the Green and Red sign which is meant to mean the battery is alright.
    The alternator belt seems alright. A little bit frayed on the side of it but that's it.

VXRed

A little update...The Flexi Pipe was broken quite bad so I replaced that flexi pipe and now the car seems a bit better. I haven't lost boost again since I replaced it but too early to say its fixed or not!

+ Reply to Thread