+ Reply to Thread

Thread: annoying noise

VXR newbie

Thumbs up annoying noise

First let me start by saying hello everyone.

I have a 2012 corsa d vxr 33,000 miles on the clock

Within the last 3,000 miles I have done a full service/timing belt, reconditioned the gearbox with the bigger bearing/end case mod plus clutch, flywheel and concentric slave cylinder changed at the same time. new mtec discs and mintex pads all round.

my trouble is I have an annoying rubbing/friction noise when driving sometimes intensifies when cornering dependant upon speed/direction. The noise also intensifies when braking but doesn't sound like your typical brake noise. Only way I can describe it is, the noise you used to get if you wedged a pop bottle into the back wheel of your bicycle so it sounded like a motorbike, sorry for the poor description.

I am personally thinking wheel bearing but there are no other tell tale signs. no play or noise when wheel is spun by hand.

any feedback or knowledge would be admirable

Sounds strange but could be coil pack, I know someone’s that went and it basically turned there car into a Subaru by sound so could be worth a go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the back plate is rubbing on discs. Jack up front wheels and have a look at the back of the discs and prize the back plates away slighty with a screw driver.

Quote Originally Posted by caino6 View Post
    Probably the back plate is rubbing on discs. Jack up front wheels and have a look at the back of the discs and prize the back plates away slighty with a screw driver.
    I'm gonna go with this too.

Happened on my Astra recently. Wheel off, bent it back and noise gone 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread