+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    You mean, those living beyond their means will help those who live within theirs, same car, fraction of the cost.....more cash for other stuff!
    Exactly! we need those wannabes
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

That's how I got my VXR, no way was I willing to pay the new cost.
    This week top gear magazine referred to the list price for the new Corsa GSi as completely absurd. It's something like 21k by the time you put the recaros in it!
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

That's how I got my VXR, no way was I willing to pay the new cost.
    This week top gear magazine referred to the list price for the new Corsa GSi as completely absurd. It's something like 21k by the time you put the recaros in it!

No one ever paid list for a VXR or other Vauxhall - that was the problem everyone was running around in them for reasonable money but the reviews always compared on RRP (as they should for parity).
    Some tricks are also performed such as Ford selling the Focus ST1 for a certain price so they can say from £xxx when hardly a single person ever orders an ST1 they always go ST2 or ST3 but the reviews will always refer to the ST1 starting price

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    No one ever paid list for a VXR or other Vauxhall - that was the problem everyone was running around in them for reasonable money but the reviews always compared on RRP (as they should for parity).
    Some tricks are also performed such as Ford selling the Focus ST1 for a certain price so they can say from £xxx when hardly a single person ever orders an ST1 they always go ST2 or ST3 but the reviews will always refer to the ST1 starting price
    Discounts are available on Vauxhall and most other brands, however, an inflated RRP doesn't inflate the discount available for dealers to pass on. Years ago it was fairly common to be able to secure 10 even 20% off the RRP. This represented a few grand, making new cars a reasonable investment. Unfortunately, those days have largely gone and discounts are now in the region of a few hundred pounds.
    If you take the new GSi, it's spec warrants a sale tag of about £14k at most (just my opinion). Take the high discount of 20%, the RRP would be £17,200. The RRP selected by Vauxhall still puts it at a ludicrous price point in my opinion. I know it's aimed at young drivers, but is the insurance and running costs really going to be that different from the VXR? If you're young, insurance is going to be a few grand, no matter what you drive (within reason), same for older drivers, just at the lower price scale.
    The overall ridiculous cost of new cars isn't limited to Vauxhall, most have unjustified prices. I do think the GSi package is an example of getting it spectacularly wrong and I do feel that a rethink will take place a year or two from now.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

Discounts are available on Vauxhall and most other brands, however, an inflated RRP doesn't inflate the discount available for dealers to pass on. Years ago it was fairly common to be able to secure 10 even 20% off the RRP. This represented a few grand, making new cars a reasonable investment. Unfortunately, those days have largely gone and discounts are now in the region of a few hundred pounds.
    If you take the new GSi, it's spec warrants a sale tag of about £14k at most (just my opinion). Take the high discount of 20%, the RRP would be £17,200. The RRP selected by Vauxhall still puts it at a ludicrous price point in my opinion. I know it's aimed at young drivers, but is the insurance and running costs really going to be that different from the VXR? If you're young, insurance is going to be a few grand, no matter what you drive (within reason), same for older drivers, just at the lower price scale.
    The overall ridiculous cost of new cars isn't limited to Vauxhall, most have unjustified prices. I do think the GSi package is an example of getting it spectacularly wrong and I do feel that a rethink will take place a year or two from now.

And I bet you when the GSI lands with them Aston will be flogging them for the same rough price as they will flog you a VXR today - £15k
    https://www.astonvauxhall.co.uk/used...o-205-ps-3-dr/

Every brand discounts now (Audi/VW/BMW/Merc in particular even on new high performance cars) whereas Vauxhall and Renault used to be frowned upon for doing so

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    And I bet you when the GSI lands with them Aston will be flogging them for the same rough price as they will flog you a VXR today - £15k
    https://www.astonvauxhall.co.uk/used...o-205-ps-3-dr/

Every brand discounts now (Audi/VW/BMW/Merc in particular even on new high performance cars) whereas Vauxhall and Renault used to be frowned upon for doing so
    Sign of the desperation to flog em before they die lol
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3