+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Red face Am I running lean? SRI 200+

Hey,

Is my car running lean? Its running a little hotter than usual lately figured it was because of the heat we've been having, when accelerating it hesitates every now and then at about 3000 3500 rpm, a few weeks ago while decelerating it popped a **** load like Ive never heard before, sounded awesome but now i'm reading that can be a sign of lean mixture, overall I think the car has lost power.

What could cause this, haven't changed my plugs in a while could that fix it? also strange thing is i'm pretty sure its using more fuel?!?

I've got a compressor so if anyone knows how i could check pipes and vacuum lines don't have a leak with it id be very grateful, don't really want to take it to a garage if its something simple i could fix without having to sell my leg.

I thought it could have been a fuel pump issue but I don't think that would only happen at precise rpms.

Z20 LER SRI 200+

Cheers guys SRI guy

Plugs and coil pack are possibly on the way out. Best start there. Also a failing MAF can cause these symptoms. Those are your best bet.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed

I had problems with the maf before, filter had a hole in it where it had been rubbing and screwed the old one up so that was replaced, was going kicking out engine codes due to it, changed it and haven't had issues since so I guess ill start with spark plugs then move onto the coilpack if it doesn't sort anything, cheers mate.

VXRed

Changed the Spark plugs, definitely felt more responsive but the problem still happened 2 times, wondering how long it will take to readjust the mixture while im driving about, think it felt cooler too.

It was just before 4k driving in 2nd and the car felts like ive taken my foot off the accelerator just for a second then back down again, exhaust note and everything changed, if it was doing it all the time id understand but its not its just in that 3500ish area and its only a couple of times a drive. just seems odd. Hopefully someone can say oh I had that exact problem it was "Mystery Problem" piece of piss to sort just "less than 5 quid fix".

I dunno about changing the coil pack as it looked alright and Im not sure why it would only throw that problem at that exact moment but never at any other time ,.... plus its about 90 quid for a possible fix lol

Defo try coil pack next. I've has same problems on the vxr and the coil didn't initially look gone but it wasn't long before one of the coil rubbers developed a massive split.

VXRed

oh well... looks like the credit card will have to be fired up :S will try that and the fuel pump if I can get one off here,....

If its not one of those then I can only think its because I contemplated selling her and she took offence!

New coilpack can only do good anyway mate.

VXRed

Managed to get one for 50 quid off ebay comes with a 12month warranty so should do the job, all OEM 80+

Will let you know on wed if it does the job

Good luck bud.

VXRed

I think the coilpack has sorted it, went for a drive for half an hour felt nice, not once did it happen in that rev range, thought i felt it lower down but i think it was actually me on the peddle! Cheers mate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast