+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Oil pressure sensor location

Hi, new to the forum and looking for some advice regarding my 2010 Insignia VXR

A couple of times now moving away from cold idle I’ve had ‘Oil pressure low stop engine’. Message disappears after a second or so and garage say no fault codes on the vehicle, which then continues to run absolutely fine (no nasty rattles or noises), although the oil pressure does fluctuate with engine speed for the first few minutes.

I’ve seen a couple of threads people blaming the pressure sensor for similar issues, particularly if the sensor itself is leaking oil, and last MOT did pick up a light misting of oil on N/S suspension coil. My only concern is- I have absolutely no idea where the sensor is and I can’t seem to find any information other than it’s a total pig to get at...

Has anyone done a sensor change on the 2.8T or had the same issue? Could the oily coil be related?

Thanks in advance!
    Alex

EDIT: Should also say- vehicle is regularly serviced and I’m running Magnatec 5W/30 oil, which is at the correct level on the dipstick
    Last edited by Howge; 5th August 2018 at 01:45 PM.

VXRed blooded

on the front face of the engine near the timing chain end... best got at from underneath.... never been a fan of magnatec... also not really rated for the VXR as its a mineral oil and not a synthetic... should be Edge for these.
    Last edited by genman; 5th August 2018 at 03:18 PM.

VXR newbie

Thanks! Will jack it up and take a look

Re- the oil, it’s A1 which claims to be fully synthetic? That said, quite happy to stand corrected- will switch to Edge in future if that’s rated better for the VXRs
    Last edited by Howge; 5th August 2018 at 03:50 PM.

Magnatec is not according to the GM Dexos2 spec, which is the correct spec for the VXR engine. Main issue is that the magnatec oil is not a longlife oil, which means that it will start breaking down sooner and it won’t have the same particle handling capacity as i.e. The Edge TI oil will. This can lead to premature timing chain wear in particular and to excess wear in general-
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXR newbie

Ah right ok thanks for the advice, it's booked in for a pressure test now on Wednesday so may go ahead and do an early oil change anyway off the back of that...

VXR newbie

Garage also suspect switch is to blame. Anyone know where I can lay my hands on one? At present I'm waiting on a back order of over 300 from Germany...

VXRed blooded

Ebay
    Vectra VXR estate 07

+ Reply to Thread