+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Larger radio top screen

I get the title doesnít make much sense, on the corsa Iíve got Iíve got the smaller top screen

Would I be able to fit in the larger one? Obviously I understand Iím going to need new surroundings and such but are the cables all the same? Would it be as simple as plug and play? Also will I need to get this paired with my existing radio or should I wait for when I get a touchscreen unit? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its anything like the astra which I guess it is, you can upgrade the head unit screen yes. I changed from a regular astra BID screen to a full 3 line CID screen. It will need to be paired to the radio unit as well yes, however many a time you can purchase paired units together in a bundle.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Okay awesome Iíll have a check now wasnít sure as Iíd saw you commenting on the Astra post aswell so was have a read through that, just need to find one now! Thanks mate

Iíve found this one but it says itís not suitable for pre face lift models, any idea what difference that would make?

Tbh I'm not sure mate. Not all sellers are completely knowledgeable about this stuff so just cover themselves.

I don't know what differences it entails. Maybe it's programmed with the later gen gds2 rather than tech2

The only difference you have to be careful of, is the top bezel plastic, which incidently I can't see on your photo. Facelift bezels have different plastic, eg it has a lip on the side. Pre face don't have the lip as the plastic on the dash is different between pre and post facelift.

As for the screen, the electrical side is the same. I've swapped and changed many a GID over the years. I just got a mate to hook it up to Tech 2 and paired/unpaired as needed.

VXR enough

As above that one you've listed will fit prefacelift models, as long as you get the preface lift cover/hood.

As the radio and screen are already paired together you won't need to have them tech2'd to work, that said you may need it tech2'd to enable all features (e.g. the 2x stop watches, mpg display) or adjust the code index if they've come out of a diesel or turn off the bluetooth tab

Be aware though that radio doesn't have the BC button so you won't be able to access the secret menu (to get coolant temp etc)!

So for easiness sake you'd be better buying a paired CD30/GID thats;
    - out of a petrol car
    - has the BC/settings buttons at the bottom.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

I thought all ones with screens like this were Dab radios that require aerial changing, unless that was just optional extra

VXR enough

No the GID is just a bigger screen to give stopwatch/board computer and the bluetooth phone portal.

You can get the them with any CD30, not just the DAB one.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Did they ever put a CID in the corsa? For satnav etc?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast