+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any garage worth its salt could cut and weld a fit anyhow mate.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

What are your plans for tuning?

I ran a TX pipe with a Milltek non res. Power and torque were good and the apparent "it will hold you back" just wasn't there.

It could fit a piper straight off because from memory the piper comes with a taper too.

Maybe call TX and see if they can make the pipe with a 3 inch end without the taper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    What are your plans for tuning?

I ran a TX pipe with a Milltek non res. Power and torque were good and the apparent "it will hold you back" just wasn't there.

It could fit a piper straight off because from memory the piper comes with a taper too.

Maybe call TX and see if they can make the pipe with a 3 inch end without the taper?

Hi mate I appreciate the reply just been on the phone with cobra scorpion and piper

Scorpion say they don't make the exhaust anymore as they had poor sales lol

Cobra confirmed if you buy the 3" only from the cat back it goes in fact taper down to 2.5 were it bolts on to the cat

So if you want a full 3" from cobra you have to purchase the full turbo back but the 3" inch cat back does taper down so will bolt up perfectly with the tx autosport sport cat or decat

And piper said if you just buy the 3" cat back it does not taper down to 2.5

Instead piper just supply a reducer so their 3" cat back system can be bolted to oem or any other 2.5" system

The piper guy said if you decide to buy their 3" sport cat or decat at a later date you just take out the reducer and they bolt together

I prefer the cobra vxr style tailpipe but like you said if tx autosport will supply the downpipe without the taper and a 3" flange instead I'll just buy the piper cat to save extra hassle

That way i will have the true 3" system everyone says is a must but at a lot better price and with a very reliable sport cat

Hopefully this info may even help others in the future too
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Hi mate I appreciate the reply just been on the phone with cobra scorpion and piper

Scorpion say they don't make the exhaust anymore as they had poor sales lol

Cobra confirmed if you buy the 3" only from the cat back it goes in fact taper down to 2.5 were it bolts on to the cat

So if you want a full 3" from cobra you have to purchase the full turbo back but the 3" inch cat back does taper down so will bolt up perfectly with the tx autosport sport cat or decat

And piper said if you just buy the 3" cat back it does not taper down to 2.5

Instead piper just supply a reducer so their 3" cat back system can be bolted to oem or any other 2.5" system

The piper guy said if you decide to buy their 3" sport cat or decat at a later date you just take out the reducer and they bolt together

I prefer the cobra vxr style tailpipe but like you said if tx autosport will supply the downpipe without the taper and a 3" flange instead I'll just buy the piper cat to save extra hassle

That way i will have the true 3" system everyone says is a must but at a lot better price and with a very reliable sport cat

Hopefully this info may even help others in the future too
    Yeah the TX cat is really good tbh! Never had any issues on MOTs with mine and either did the previous owner. I think it went through 4 or 5 tests. Piper ones have been known to fail their first tests which is why they only guarantee them for about 6 months unlike the rest of the system

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    Yeah the TX cat is really good tbh! Never had any issues on MOTs with mine and either did the previous owner. I think it went through 4 or 5 tests. Piper ones have been known to fail their first tests which is why they only guarantee them for about 6 months unlike the rest of the system

Spoke to tx autosport unfortunately they won't supply a 3" flange version at the min but said they have plans to make one in the future

So I will just have to use the reducer piper supply temporarily
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2