+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default AFL Headlight HELP

Hi people recently bought myself my 2nd astra vxr its a arden blue 2008 and has AFL's as standard! My problem is when i got it the headlight bulbs wernt working wel drivers side was flickering passanger was doing nothing! Anyway i bought a new set of D2S bulbs fitted them and my drivers side is now fine but passanger side still wont come on no flicker no noise! All other bulbs in that light work fine just dipped beam! Ive tried everything i can think of but still no joy i have power co.ing into the light ive swapped all other bits off working light ive plugged tghe lights in the opposite side of the car the drivers works in the passanger side but passanger still nothing! Surely there cant be a problem inside the headlight itself as its a sealed unit and its not wet or anything inside! Driving me mad now as i dont want to buy a new headlight if this can be fixed as there not cheap!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Have you checked the wiring?

Have you had the codes read to give you any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swap the ballast/resistor from one light to the other?
    Arden Astra with black bits

Engine Originally built by wg motorworks blew up after 34 mile so Muni Singh had to sort out his mess 👍🏻

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Have you checked the wiring?
    Yes had a auto electrician check all wires there is power coming in and power at both ends of the light it makes no sense

VXR newbie

No codes showing either and the afl fail light on the dash isnt coming on so its not seeing a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Have you had the codes read to give you any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Markpvxr View Post
    Swap the ballast/resistor from one light to the other?
    I swapped the ballast and the afl adguster from the bottom of the lights over same issue so does this mean it has to be a wire in the headlight itself? If so can it be taken apart?

If you swapped ballast/resistor & bulb and it still never worked i would say 90% your lamp is faulty, try swap the complete headlight, does it work? No error codes would come up for this.
    Arden Astra with black bits

Engine Originally built by wg motorworks blew up after 34 mile so Muni Singh had to sort out his mess 👍🏻

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Markpvxr View Post
    If you swapped ballast/resistor & bulb and it still never worked i would say 90% your lamp is faulty, try swap the complete headlight, does it work? No error codes would come up for this.
    Yes i plugged the broken light into the drivers side still nothing! Nightmare i cant even bodge it till i find a spare headlight!

Chances are a Wire has broken off the actual AFL. Happened on my Corsa with AFL's. It's worth having another good root around.

Check Eurowagens, they sell OEM Headlamps.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

+ Reply to Thread