+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: O2 Sensor

VXRed

Default O2 Sensor

Been told i need an O2 Sensor as the engine management light is on and diagnostic check said it was the o2 sensor (lamda) been told this by another mechanic, another idiot said it needed mapping but from my research i think (hope) changing the sensor will solve my issues as the car jerks and loses power sometimes also heard this could be due to sensor.

Specifically the mechanic said i need a; Bank 1 Front Sensor for my car and heard the guy on the phoen to the mechanic say: '£53 to you, £85 to the buyer' to which i rsponded by saying to the mechanic let me find one and you fit it for me to which he said ok.

I pruchased this yesterday:

Please tell me it is the rught one as i am not technical about these things.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/666126
    Last edited by VXRer; 7th August 2018 at 09:47 AM.

55566592 855678 SENSOR,OXYGEN,HEATED,CATALYTIC CONVERTER, POSITION 1.

It's correct.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you likely have a leak in the exhaust upstream of the sensor.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by VeXeR View Post

It's correct.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you likely have a leak in the exhaust upstream of the sensor.
    There was a leak which was already fixed by a mechanic ages ago...

VXRed

It's correct.

There was a leak which was already fixed by a mechanic ages ago...

Hopefully there isn't another.

VXRed

Hopefully there isn't another.
    I really hope not as i'm changing the o2 sensor and if it isn't that then would be a hassle and cost money. The diagnostic check said it was the o2 sensor, could it be wrong and interpreting the leak as o2 sensor fail?

It could. Lambda might find it's outside its parameters and throw a code.
    Very likely that it might be the lambda itself though as the overfueling from the previous leak could have damaged the zirconia element.
    At least it will have been replaced, but you'll have a good idea of the problem if it doesn't clear with the new lambda.

Have you a precat decat installed?

VXRed

It could. Lambda might find it's outside its parameters and throw a code.
    Very likely that it might be the lambda itself though as the overfueling from the previous leak could have damaged the zirconia element.
    At least it will have been replaced, but you'll have a good idea of the problem if it doesn't clear with the new lambda.

Have you a precat decat installed?
    Ima be ****** if i go to the trouble and hassle to change the lambda and the light is sitl lshowing on the dashboard as perhaps it would have been better to put it on alift and have a look at the exhaust becuase the mechanic said it was the o2 sensor as he ran a diangostic check... So does that mean it is definately the sensor and not another leak becuase i hope not.

I know it has an aftermarket exhaust perhaps a remus been told its worth £900 and i think it only has one cat so does that mean it is a precat decat?
    Last edited by VXRer; 10th August 2018 at 04:46 AM.

No harm in a lambda refresh either way as it will have suffered from the incorrect fueling when the hole was in the exhaust.
    Unless it said on the diagnostics that there's a lambda heater circuit fault, no guarantee.
    Probably is a precat delete. Worth seeing that it's seated correctly with the turbo clamp as they're often not seated perfectly and can cause a leak.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

No harm in a lambda refresh either way as it will have suffered from the incorrect fueling when the hole was in the exhaust.
    Unless it said on the diagnostics that there's a lambda heater circuit fault, no guarantee.
    Probably is a precat delete. Worth seeing that it's seated correctly with the turbo clamp as they're often not seated perfectly and can cause a leak.
    Yeh, the new sensor is a bosch and only cost me £30 including postage, when the mechanic was ordering one from his supplier (probs just europarts) i heard the guy on the other end say £53 for you, £85 for the buyer, he had him on speaker so i said no, let me find one and you can fit it to which he said ok.

He showed me what it said the diagnostic computer and it said o2 sensor, there were three of them. He cleared the fault on the dashboard, is that a lambda refresh? He said that might do the trick but if the warning light comes back on to take it back to him which it did after a day of driving.

I just want this issue sorted and hope it isnt big.

Some other mechanic was sayign all sorts of things like it coudl be this, that and also when you turn on the ingition there is a nother wanring light which means the engine needed looking out, he may of not known what he was syaing or i dunno becuase i showed the mechanic the light which only come son on ingition and he said it just needed a service!

What is a precat delete? As for the seating correctly in place with the turbo clamp that is too technical for me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast