+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Newbie after some engine advice

Hi just joined I've had my corsa vxr just over a year now but recently I've found out it's got a cracked cylinder head now do i need a corsa vxr specific head or would one fit off another model tia

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyp View Post
    Hi just joined I've had my corsa vxr just over a year now but recently I've found out it's got a cracked cylinder head now do i need a corsa vxr specific head or would one fit off another model tia
    Yea mate a cdti head will fit honest

On a serious note yes you need the head specific to your engine
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXR newbie

Cheers for the reply I know a ctdi head won't fit I was told a head off an astra h is the same but looking at it they have got two camshaft sensors is that the only difference

VXR enough

The corsa head has Z18XER stamped on it.

Z18XER is an Astra 1.8 engine so one of those will technically "fit".

That said i don't think anyone can confirm if the cams, valves will be 100% the same so there may be a difference in that area and something to worry about depending if you are just swapping the bare astra header or head plus cams etc.

For easiness sake, and not being a guinee pig you'd probably be best just sourcing a VXR head, e.g;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-...YAAOSw-95bZWe2
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Welcome aboard VxRO
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

+ Reply to Thread