+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stage 1.5 Remap

VXRed

Default Stage 1.5 Remap

Hi All,

Looking to get a Stage 1.5 remap done on the J. Torn between Courtenay Sport and WG Motorworks, both remaps look essentially the same.

Can anyone compare the two. Not looking for the 'better' one but the main differences if there are any, such as smoothness, low end torque, overall power etc.

Thanks

I found the stage 1.5 was not quite perfect, a few imperfections caused by the restriction of the MAF housing.

Once the Courtenay intake system was fitted it felt much smoother and better performance too.

I chose Courtenay because they have worked direct with Vauxhall on a few projects and their mapping abilities are well proven

ps: the stage 1.5 map is the same as the stage 2, so you can upgrade at a later date just by fitting the intake
    Last edited by vocky; 10th August 2018 at 08:25 AM.

When I had mine done I considered both, and went with WG, as closer to me.
    I had stage 2 done, the drive back was great. Also the maps that WG use are done by Rabbid, this guy really know how to get the best out these engines.

it's probably best to just use the nearest mapper, both will give similar results

VXRed

Thanks guys. Decided to go with WG Motorworks as they are slightly closer. Have also decided to go for a Stage 2 based on your feedback and seeing most others on here having Stage 2 it seem like the sweet spot.

The only reason I was initially hesitant to get a Stage 2 was I heard about the induction kit causing compressor surge / turbo stalling (the chattering sound) which shortens the life of the turbo. Is this something both of you have? Can it be mapped out somehow or minimised? Trying my best to look after the car and keep it in working order but also want the extra power so it actually 'feels' like a fast car. Trying to find the balance.

I rarely get that sound now, just a case of learning to drive it differently and respecting the clutch

+ Reply to Thread