+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    VXRed

I had my spark plugs replaced at the weekend and immediately after the car has a horrible misfire at 4k rpm and above.

I have now ordered a set of NGK PFR6T-G and will be getting these fitted immediately, hopefully that fixes my issue. I did suspect it could be the coil pack going or something else, but because it only started after changing the plugs I'm pretty sure it's that.

Sounds likely mate.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Haha was not the AA he was telling me he had 4 of these one running 400 bhp one running 320 and one for parts I though I’m I luck after getting taking us 5 hours to get home 2 min to change the clip

I’ve done around 4K on my plugs and after 110 mile drive home 5 min from my house it did misfire got it home went back out same agin but day after and ever since it’s been fine I know it’s running lean at min that won’t help does it need a map to stop it running lean ? O and it’s still got pre cat

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    I had my spark plugs replaced at the weekend and immediately after the car has a horrible misfire at 4k rpm and above.

I have now ordered a set of NGK PFR6T-G and will be getting these fitted immediately, hopefully that fixes my issue. I did suspect it could be the coil pack going or something else, but because it only started after changing the plugs I'm pretty sure it's that.
    Seen that before on a friend's car when his mechanic installed new Bosch plugs. Hesitation at 4000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vxr.. View Post
    I’ve done around 4K on my plugs and after 110 mile drive home 5 min from my house it did misfire got it home went back out same agin but day after and ever since it’s been fine I know it’s running lean at min that won’t help does it need a map to stop it running lean ? O and it’s still got pre cat
    How lean? Could be several simple causes for that.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post

see atm im gettin a slight misfire near the 2000rpm range so ive ordered the NGK ones and also a Bosch coilpack hopefully that will sort it

the other thing i noticed is that my boost has dropped to 9/10 psi when it used to be 14/15? is that likely to happen if its the coilpack or spark plugs?or something different?

Quote Originally Posted by VeXeR View Post
    Seen that before on a friend's car when his mechanic installed new Bosch plugs. Hesitation at 4000rpm.

How lean? Could be several simple causes for that.
    Not sure how lean I How would I tell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vxr.. View Post
    Not sure how lean I How would I tell ?
    MOT lambda figures give a small bit of info.
    Spark plug porcelain insulators give some info also based on the colour that develops on them.
    Ideally a wideband lambda.

Who mentioned the lean condition to you?
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4