+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Noobish question about my car

Hello folks. I've been the proud owner of a Corsa VXR for two months buying it used from a folk near where I live. Basically I'm from Cyprus and the car was imported from the UK. I really love it so far but something about it really bugs me and I was wondering if any of you can help me, since I have trouble finding a definitive answer online.

Basically the seller claimed that it was a Nurburgring edition and the car has various things pointing in that direction. For starters it has full leather Recaro seats with the VXRacing logo. Also it has a number between the vents with what I assume is the production line number. The vents also are in the same colour as the car (not sure if this is normal in all VXRs in general). It also has the Nurburgring sticker on the sides of the car.

The things that I am not sure about are:
    a) The exhaust is the single triangular one in the middle, where in most pictures I've seen the Nurburgring edition has the dual exhaust system.
    b) The rims are the ones that are standard in the standard VXR version.

It's not like I will lose sleep over this, but it's something that I would like an answer to. Is indeed a 2009 Nurburgring edition VXR, is it a normal VXR with some things added to it to look like a Nurburgring one, or the opposite?

Again, sorry if I sound totally oblivious but I am not that huge of a petrolhead and VXRs are already pretty uncommon here since they sell Opel and not Vauxhall officially.

The burg wasn't released until 2011, is your car red, sounds like it is more likely a Racing edition, the number should be an even one.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

VXR newbie

Yeah, it's a red one with the number being 147. And yeah, it seems you are absolutely right. I thought only Astras got a racing edition back then.

VXL produced 888 Racing editions, 444 Astras which were given odd numbers and 444 Corsas which got the even numbers, are you sure your's is 147? Oh and welcome to the site!

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by moeman View Post
    VXL produced 888 Racing editions, 444 Astras which were given odd numbers and 444 Corsas which got the even numbers, are you sure your's is 147? Oh and welcome to the site!
    Sorry, I mistyped. It's 146. And looking forward to chatting with you guys.

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by moeman View Post
    Sorry, I mistyped. It's 146. And looking forward to chatting with you guys.

At least your exhaust will sound a LOT better than a Nurburgring

VXR newbie

No complaints there.

+ Reply to Thread