+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default How to get noise when changing gear

I have asked this quesiton ebfore but just now discovered osmehtign new whilst wtahcing a video about the nois ei am wanting fo rmy corsa.

Could it be a wastegate acuator i need or as previously talked baout a dump/recirc valve or both? I just want it to make that cool wooosh or dusssh sound whne i change gear i have the turbo sound make a very faint whine mor elike a whisper than whine which is nice but how do i get the gear change sound?

VXRed blooded

You need a top hat mod with a dump valve take off or chav/gay valve as a lot of people like to call them

Just search corsa vxr dump valve online
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by VXRer View Post
    I have asked this quesiton ebfore but just now discovered osmehtign new whilst wtahcing a video about the nois ei am wanting fo rmy corsa.

Could it be a wastegate acuator i need or as previously talked baout a dump/recirc valve or both? I just want it to make that cool wooosh or dusssh sound whne i change gear i have the turbo sound make a very faint whine mor elike a whisper than whine which is nice but how do i get the gear change sound?
    You already asked this back in February;

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...alve-Questions

The answer is still the same as everyone told you back then;

- The car already has a recirc valve.
    and
    - On some cars you could fit a dump valve to get the noise but on the Corsa it will confuse the ECU and ultimately make the car run crap and slower
    therefore
    - Buying an open cone filter is the only way to get the noise you want.

The cone filter is about 45 quid off ebay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIPERCROS...from=R40&rt=nc
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Personally I like to carry a trapped spirit around in my passenger seat surrounded by a summoning circle of holy salt.
    I attach a negatively charged ectoplasm prod to the gear lever and with the windows down when I change gear, an exquisite booooooo can be heard from my car.

OPC ÉIRE- Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

So what is a wastegate acuator and why di djames may say it is what you need to make the wush dusshh sound. her ei sht evideo go to 1:18 onwards he starts talking about ferrari getting rid of the 'pa chu' sound like you get is subaru imprezzas. Whats with all the goofy rpelies btw? And i know i asked thi sbefore mate i di dsay that in the first post on this thread and i appareicate all the helpful replies also.

TBH ive been told so many different htings just dont know what the hell to do but atleast it isnt expensive or complicated to do i hope.

This sounds complicated htough: On some cars you could fit a dump valve to get the noise but on the Corsa it will confuse the ECU and ultimately make the car run crap and slower
    therefore

I just want to buy a part that wont effect anythign negitivly, and be able to rmvoe if if i need to when i go to sell the car but in the meantime it does whta i need which is make thta cool noise...

VXRed

So what is a wastegate acuator and why di djames may say it is what you need to make the wush dusshh sound. her ei sht evideo go to 1:18 onwards he starts talking about ferrari getting rid of the 'pa chu' sound like you get is subaru imprezzas. Whats with all the goofy rpelies btw? And i know i asked thi sbefore mate i di dsay that in the first post on this thread and i appareicate all the helpful replies also.

TBH ive been told so many different htings just dont know what the hell to do but atleast it isnt expensive or complicated to do i hope.

This sounds complicated htough: On some cars you could fit a dump valve to get the noise but on the Corsa it will confuse the ECU and ultimately make the car run crap and slower
    therefore

I just want to buy a part that wont effect anythign negitivly, and be able to rmvoe if if i need to when i go to sell the car but in the meantime it does whta i need which is make thta cool noise...

Dont really want to share htis vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEMFFHQdmS0 as i do not want to get the wrong type of noise a sim not sure this is whta im looking for but all i could find. Apprently he just had the Recirc valve pipe disconnected. I dont even know what that is or what it looks like...

I want it to make a cool dusshhh wooossh sound does it happen every gear change? Or just when the exhaust decides to pop and bang i am a bit confused?
    Last edited by VXRer; 13th August 2018 at 10:15 AM.

VXR enough

So what is a wastegate acuator and why di djames may say it is what you need to make the wush dusshh sound. her ei sht evideo go to 1:18 onwards he starts talking about ferrari getting rid of the 'pa chu' sound like you get is subaru imprezzas.
    ^That makes no sense.

^ Buy the air filter i linked too in my last post.

Dont really want to share htis vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEMFFHQdmS0 as i do not want to get the wrong type of noise a sim not sure this is whta im looking for but all i could find. Apprently he just had the Recirc valve pipe disconnected. I dont even know what that is or what it looks like...
    ^ The car in that video has an open cone fitted so gives the "tsssh"/whoosh when changing gear. But for some reason he has also disconnected a pipe from the recirc valve which is causing the "duh-duh-duh-duh" noise...this is bad and will confuse the ecu/make it run like crap (similar to what a dump valve will do)

I want it to make a cool dusshhh wooossh sound does it happen every gear change? Or just when the exhaust decides to pop and bang i am a bit confused?
    Again, just buy the air filter i linked to. It will give you the sound you need. You don't need to mess about with anything else. You'll get the noise anytime you lift off the accelerator.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

+ Reply to Thread