+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo actuator

Default Turbo actuator

My 2008 VXR Astra is suffering from a complete lack of boost. So far I have replaced the recirculation valve, MAF sensor and turbo solenoid. I have checked all the pipes and cleaned the MAP sensor (gently) with brake cleaner.

I'm thinking that the turbo actuator is the next course of action, but I'm told it has to be fitted by a qualified person. Is this true, and is there something else I could have missed.

The car is standard with 49K miles.

I don't like being beaten and this site has been invaluable in my 'struggle' so far!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think the actuator would have been the first thing I would have changed due to lack of boost, sounds like it could be stuck open!

Not sure about fitting though, ideally you don't want it set too high with regards to providing too much boost. Would be good to see a picture of an actuator set at standard.
    Last edited by tye_time; 13th August 2018 at 01:59 PM.

you can fit an actuator yourself, They are easier to setup if you have a boost gauge?
    Arden Astra with black bits

Engine Originally built by wg motorworks blew up after 34 mile so Muni Singh had to sort out his mess 👍🏻

Thanks for all your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Markpvxr View Post
    you can fit an actuator yourself, They are easier to setup if you have a boost gauge?
    I haven't got a boost gauge but I've got one of those OBD readers that connects to my phone/tablet, would that do the job?

Quote Originally Posted by tye_time View Post
    I think the actuator would have been the first thing I would have changed due to lack of boost, sounds like it could be stuck open!

Not sure about fitting though, ideally you don't want it set too high with regards to providing too much boost. Would be good to see a picture of an actuator set at standard.
    What I was thinking of doing was wrapping tape around the thread above the top nut on the existing actuator. Then I would at least have a starting point, when fitting the replacement.

+ Reply to Thread