+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default Insignia VXR buying guide?

Hi all. I am seriously considering a VXR Insignia estate. Being a newbie to the Vauxhall brand and in particular the VXR range, is there anything in particular I need to look out for and check when viewing the one of these beasts? I did put Insignia buying guide into the search bar and nothing came up I'm afraid. So any help and advice, would be gratefully received.

Cheers

James.

VXRed blooded

Ask over on the Facebook group, you'll get lots of advice and replies.

VXRed

The chains can be a weak point and expensive to replace, as can the haldex.

VXR newbie

Cheers for the info guys. I am going to look at and test drive a 2011 estate tomorrow. Done 47000 and in Arden Blue. Looks great. It is the auto, but we shall see if I like that part. Are the auto boxes pretty robust?

Quote Originally Posted by Jambondrums View Post
    Cheers for the info guys. I am going to look at and test drive a 2011 estate tomorrow. Done 47000 and in Arden Blue. Looks great. It is the auto, but we shall see if I like that part. Are the auto boxes pretty robust?
    The auto boxes are great and, in my case, trouble free. Beats having to worry about the clutch on the manual, which would likely to be a problem at 47k.

Only issue I have is lifting off the loud pedal after heavy acceleration, say short burst full throttle going up a steep hill. I get a sudden clunk as if the tranny is kicking down. I've reported it as an issue but there's nothing in the VX database about it being a problem. I've learned to live with it and just feather the throttle when lifting off.

VXR newbie

Well, I have taken the plunge and am picking up an Arden Blue estate auto on Thursday. Was very impressed I must say. He's a 2011 model and in great condition!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jambondrums View Post
    Well, I have taken the plunge and am picking up an Arden Blue estate auto on Thursday. Was very impressed I must say. He's a 2011 model and in great condition!!
    Bravo! Now you just need to buy a basket of lemons. ???

Suck one after driving to wipe the s...t-eating grin off your face. They are a fantastic car.

VXR newbie

Brilliant AJG!! That really made my other half and I laugh!! Am looking forward to Thursday very much. They are changing the haldex oil and filter for me too. It's from a main dealer.....Apparently Vauxhall state that it doesn't need to be changed ever. But they're doing it as I stipulated it. Odd about Vauxhall's take on that! Anything with oil as a lubricant needs the oil changing periodically.

Good call on getting the dealer to change fluid and filter. The fluid is about the same price as unicorn wee. The following link is the one I was referring to from the VAG mechanic. Nobody that uses this Haldex, or any other version, seems to have a service schedule for it.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...x-Holy-Trinity

VXR newbie

Bloody odd that. In my experience, anything mechanical that is lubricated by oil or grease, needs it changed. The oil breaks down and also gets full of tiny metal particles, which wear the parts. Seems strange that none of the companies have a service schedule for the haldex. Still, at least it's being done for me, so should prevent any problems. What is your thoughts on remapping? Am tjinking that after I've got used to it, a remap would bring the 'wow' factor back!! AMD are relatively near me, they have a very good history with remapping, V.A.G cars in particular. But they offer alot more cars now, and the Siggy is one of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast