+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Hid kit flickering 8000k

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a problem I have with hid kit Iíve brought a kit off eBay with cancellers Iíve fitted drivers side (bulb ballast and Cancelers only) but when I turn it on to see the difference the light warms up and stays on but flickers like a strobe effect,
    Iam thinking it could be a faulty product or low voltage???? Thanks

VXRed

On a car with them factory fitted they normally flicker if the ballast is failing or if the bulb itself is on it’s way out, but because you’re retro fitting and using a canceller I’d say your CANBUS system could also be getting involved. As you have two of them I’d initially swap each component one at a time (bulb, ballast, canceller) as it could be any component which is faulty. If you’ve done that and it’s still the same I would then remove the canceller from the circuit and try again. It will either work or not work at all and throw an insp message. If that also makes no difference then there isn’t anything else you can do apart from revert to stock or try a different kit. It’s possible the canceller is to resistive or not resistive enough and it’s not quite right for your cars CANBUS.

VXRed

Thank you for your help, I will give it ago, ��

Ideally you need Tech2 to switch settings to HID.
    Put back normal bulbs meanwhile as the strobe will very quickly wreck the HID bulbs causing them to become blue/green and much dimmer than they should be.
    OPC …IRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

Hi there I ordered some new ones off eBay which has the decoder built in, Iíve fitted one today on drivers side and tested it, so far no flickering or error messages, I will fit passengers side and spot lights and il test and get back to you all, hopefully it works well, thanks

Is it xenon hid kit ? As if it hasnít got light wash and auto self levelling system could fail mot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread