+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Vec vxr timming chain

Hey folks newbie here..this has probs been posted countless times in the past but anyways...i have just recently bought a 06 vectra vxr the car has a full service history and has just hit 90k but has no record of the chains ever being replaced. Car drives 100% but should i be worried? Replace the chains asap?
    Last edited by Davieh84; 25th August 2018 at 09:43 PM.

VXRed blooded

What's this timming chain you speak of is it a mod?
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    What's this timming chain you speak of is it a mod?
    EH?

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Davieh84 View Post
    Hey folks newbie here..this has probs been posted countless times in the past but anyways...i have just recently bought a 06 vectra vxr the car has a full service history and has just hit 90k but has no record of the chains ever being replaced. Car drives 100% but should i be worried? Replace the chains asap?
    As long as you keep on top of the servicing and oil changes etc there really should be no worries. But like everything, no matter how you care for it something can go wrong. I'm over the 90k on mine and have had no problems and won't worry about the chains until something untoward pops up. If the chains are going to go they will go, even new chains can go, not often but there has been cases when they have which might have been caused by other components in the link

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by sinbrad View Post
    EH?
    Was merely having a laugh I know what a timing chain is, just not sure what a timming chain is
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

I personally keep my oil and filter changes to 6 months. I’ve got full service history and no evidence of chains being done.

I’m on 108k and not worried. Some are on higher some have gone on really low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Some go 200k + on the original chains, others dont even see 50k. Regular oil (good quality) changes are a must for these engines
    Vectra VXR 280. Milltek cat back. Courts upgraded radiator. Courts intercooler. K&N filter. Eibach springs. TD Pro race 1.2s

VXR newbie

Anyone know if nick150 is still doing vectra vxr timing chain? And if so how to get hold of him? Could really use some help as engine management light has flagged on and the dreaded codes have flagged up.

Yea nicks still active, give him a pm and he'll guide you in the right direction
    Vectra VXR 280. Milltek cat back. Courts upgraded radiator. Courts intercooler. K&N filter. Eibach springs. TD Pro race 1.2s

+ Reply to Thread