+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Flash View Post
    The power steering pump is 100% mechanical, however there is a electric solenoid valve on the steering rack that I believe opens and closes, depending on the speed of the car, and 'Sport' and 'VXR' mode switch position to vary the amount of steering assistance. This solenoid valves seems to proved to be very reliable.

The is some photos of the electric solenoid valve on the rack in a post I wrote at,

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...=1#post3856282

I think there have been at least two different pumps fitted during production, the pumps on newer cars have a different part number to those on early cars.
    Thanks for the input. At least I know what it all looks like now and there is def no electric motor !! I have had the squeal for a few weeks now so give it a couple of weeks to hopefully get a bit worse and it will be going in to be sorted. We cant identify where the noise is coming from but the change in tone (which has only happened once) when spinning the steering wheel has made me presume it to be the steering pump. When looking along the engine from the drivers side wing the noise seems to be more central, and in the belt area.

drove home from work yesterday - 40 miles and not a squeak. Walked out of the house an hour later to have a listen and no squeaks at tick over, just a mild squeak when revving. The film I put on YouTube - https://youtu.be/ieWhxOk9bvU
    was taken at tick over. A strange fault but couple of weeks for it to get worse (easier to find) and in to Perry's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4