+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No power

VXR newbie

Default No power

Hi i have a problem with my vectra vxr,on starting in the morning it runs lumpy then the engine note changes, the engine management light flashes 11 times then stays off but the car will not run properly no accelaration,feels like its only running on 3 cylinders? Any ideas on what could be wrong? It will then run ok if i stop the engine and leave it for 5 mins but the tickover is still lumpy

Get it code read but likely coils,plugs or both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

VXRed blooded

Its ******
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

People have said a cylinder with a misfire flashes to identify it but I don't know if an entire bank misfiring would just add up to all 3 cyclinders since it would be 1-3-5 or 2-4-6 if it's in the same bank. Could make sense if you are saying it's on 3 cylinders.

Someone may say chains if it's misfiring an entire bank but I've no experience to comment on that.

It happened to mine once where the car **** itself and only 3 cylinders were firing but that was bad fuel (the wife filled it, probably with water)

Are you VXR enough?

And check for air leaks, though not sure if that would make the EML flash multiple times

Yep get codes to see what’s up then go from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

get the codes read first as that will begin to narrow down where the issues lie
    Vectra VXR 280. Milltek cat back. Courts upgraded radiator. Courts intercooler. K&N filter. Eibach springs. TD Pro race 1.2s

VXR newbie

Update,bought a scanner with live data it has come up with fuel system open loop fault also when the problem happens there's misfire codes on cylinders 1-3-5 which is the rear bank if i then switch off engine and turn ignition on and off several times the problem goes and it runs normaly?

Do you know if it’s mapped???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

Can you check fuel trims? Could be an air leak potentially or maybe the o2 sensor has a fault if you can get readings from that etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast