+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haldex issue?

VXRed

Default Haldex issue?

Hello Guys,

Can this be a haldex problem?

I bought a completelly new tyres on the beginning of this summer and now after 15000km my front tyres looks like new and rear looks like 75% wear. I contact dealership and they checked the geometry and everything looks ok. Car is not new and now it has 120000km on dash and it seems that there was not any oil change in haldex according to service book.

anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by darry View Post
    Hello Guys,

Can this be a haldex problem?

I bought a completelly new tyres on the beginning of this summer and now after 15000km my front tyres looks like new and rear looks like 75% wear. I contact dealership and they checked the geometry and everything looks ok. Car is not new and now it has 120000km on dash and it seems that there was not any oil change in haldex according to service book.

anyone help?
    Do you drive with the Sport or VXR mode on? This changes the torque bias to 40/60 rear. If it was a typical haldex failure then you would notice other issues, like juddering in slow speed turns. It's possible it may be something in the haldex control ECU that means the rear bias is permanently on.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    Do you drive with the Sport or VXR mode on? This changes the torque bias to 40/60 rear. If it was a typical haldex failure then you would notice other issues, like juddering in slow speed turns. It's possible it may be something in the haldex control ECU that means the rear bias is permanently on.
    Not so much, but i think that previous owner used this much as me. I also think that rear bias is still on.

VXR enough

you should be able to feel each mode change the feel of the car pal , so go out in it and press the buttons in turn see if it changes

Have you done the haldex dance? Put the car in reverse and do a few tight loops in either direction in reverse. Try in both normal and VXR/OPC mode.

If the car has any odd clunking noises or strong judder, crabbing or hesitation, you probably have a bad diff/haldex and need to get it replaced ASAP. If you don’t have any of that, and the geometry is right you most likely just have a heavy right foot! The car is very heavy on the tires. I ate a new set of Pirellis in 20.000 km.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXR enough

putting Pirellis on a siggy vxr , they are too soft and wear out very quickly

VXRed blooded

That's how siggy are coming from factory if I am not mistaking

But I don't like them. Specially on wet, I don't like the feeling and the impression of slippery them have (even if they don't really slip... when new).

Had them on a 2010 Mustang GT before Siggy, then on Siggy, I changed quickly to GY Eagle F1 Asy 3 on Mustang and for 4 Bridgestone S001 on Siggy.

Way much better IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    putting Pirellis on a siggy vxr , they are too soft and wear out very quickly
    I agree, but the car was factory fitted with them and the dealer had replaced them shortly before I got the car. I don’t really like Pirellis, they have good grip in the dry but are terrible in the wet. I prefer Michelin PSS myself. Anyway, I sold the car before I had a chance to replace them myself, but they were at the marks.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXR enough

rumours were that VX got a great deal to use Pirellis to use their tyres for the siggy

+ Reply to Thread