+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Shaking at 60mph

Hi there, can anyone help me, my zafira as started to shake at 60mph I’ve been to my local garage to check wheels and tyres they’ve balanced all 4 wheels and said the car looks as it should, when I drive away the shaking is still there, when I got home I sat the car on my drive and turned the car left to right and there’s a knock. I’ve resently had lower arms and drop links changed, thanks

Default Shaking at 60mph

Possible lower ball joint, track rod ball joint.
    A warped disc would give you a judder but you said nothing about when you brake.
    Yes I did see you replaced lower arms but doesn’t mean anything !!!
    Also what Tyre pressure is in the tyres I’ve found if balanced at a lower pressure then inflated to correct pressure they sometimes need rebalancing ?
    The knock isn’t when you reach the end off left or right turn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jon1796; 5th September 2018 at 03:11 PM.

VXRed

The knocking is when I turn left to right around half a turn , front tyre pressure was 32 in front when they was balanced, not sure if disks are worped or not, if I go down a duel carriage way and break from 60mph there is no juddering, only when I get to 60mph + it shakes, at 70mph it’s scary

Without looking at it I’d say the lower ball joint on the arm or track rod get someone to wiggle wheel slowly while someone places hand over track rod ball to knuckle to feel for play should move as one. Then carefully place hand round bottom ball on arm to knuckle and feel for slack again then same on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Thanks il give it ago and get back to you..

+ Reply to Thread