+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXR newbie

Yeah it come back on Wednesday after a long journey of windy roads down Cornwall, but went off yesterday, I think it is the brakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    Yep, the Brembos do that after a good thrashing; in my case the Nordschleife. The vent holes become blocked with brake dust causing overheating and the callipers to lock. First reported on here way back in 2010 by one of the first owners http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...tilated-brakes. Been a recognised problem ever since.
    Not a nice feeling at all! The discs also have a tendancy to ripple Because of the ventilation holes clogging up and despite being free floating, mine had warped when I had them replaced (and the discs only lasted 40k km).

I just took the M135i through Europe from Denmark, all the way through Germany (Autobahn!), into Austria (Grossglockner, Gerlos strasse and Passo Stalle), on to Italy/Switzerland (Stelvio anyone) and down through Italy... so some really serious driving roads. I know the car is quite a bit lighter, but though the brakes have incurred some serious beating and sustained abuse for some good stretches and still, the brakes never faded and still feels rock solid. I didnít think the Brembos were that bad when I had the car but I have to admit, that I am quite surprised how much better a standard set of BMW discs/pads are compared to something from a company famed for their Brakes.

I would still consider a new OPC if Opel/PSA decide to do one, but I really hope they will look for inspiration on how to do brakes somewhere else than with themselves! My current discs have done 70k km and still have another 20-30k in them and they only cost half of the OPC Brembos!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXR newbie

Yeah Iíve narrowed it down to the brakes, I had an advisory on the brake pads been low on MOT so gunna get them changed and hopefully that sorts it! Thanks everyone!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2