+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Unhappy ESP Warning Light

Hi,

I was driving yesterday and the Service ESP light came on my dash. It felt very shakey, and was not running on full power. So I checked all my gauge pressures on my screen, and the boost pressure wasnít registering, but then it went off, but then has come back on. Can anyone give any advice please? (Please donít tell me itís the turbo, and just a dodgey sensor or something)

Also, I am currently 340miles from home so I am limited to what I can do and where I can go!!

Thanks for any help and advice!

VXRed blooded

Is it still here after restart ?
    Could be a small overboost then it is in limp mode until fault code are cleared...

or something else...

We can only tell with DTC codes

VXR newbie

It was on this morning when I first started it up, but went off after a minute and hasn’t, been back on. The boost gauge is back on, but I can still feel it lagging a little bit, but just taking it steady, so touch wood it hasn’t been back on!

Thanks!!

VXR enough

could it not be a faulty ABS sensor , these are more often than not hooked into the traction control systems so can cause issues if failing

VXR newbie

Cheers guys! Hopefully will hold out till I am back home and get my garage to have a look!

VXR enough

a code read would be very handy pal

Did you do some “spirited” driving when it happened? The brembos are not the worlds best brakes for heavy use (which seems odd on a 2t, 325 bhp car). I had the exact same symptoms after af good thrashing. I braked from 200 kph to around 60 kph and the car had significant lag and heavy shaking and the ESP lamp came up. Limped home, limped to the local Opel garage next morning (2 km) but before I reached the workshop, the light had gone out and the code disappeared and no shaking. The mechanics came to the conclussion that one of the pads had seized up due to the heavy braking.

The slight lag you feel could either be the pad still sticking a bit, or just the psychological effect messing with you

Anyway, I only experienced it once and the car never complained again.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXR newbie

I wasn’t hammering it, but I had to brake hard, so might have been that! It hasn’t been on again today, so touch wood it was just that! Thanks again!! The beast lives on

VXR enough

I reckon the problem with these Brembo's is the pad material is too thin and cant dissipate the heat generated and obvs if your pads are say , half worn , the problem is even worse , they overheat and rattle against the disc till they cool sufficiently , I guess the cure is higher temp pads but they tend to be crap from cold

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle1985 View Post
    The brembos are not the worlds best brakes for heavy use (which seems odd on a 2t, 325 bhp car). I had the exact same symptoms after a good thrashing. I braked from 200 kph to around 60 kph and the car had significant lag and heavy shaking and the ESP lamp came up.
    Yep, the Brembos do that after a good thrashing; in my case the Nordschleife. The vent holes become blocked with brake dust causing overheating and the callipers to lock. First reported on here way back in 2010 by one of the first owners http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...tilated-brakes. Been a recognised problem ever since.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast