+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Brakes on my vxr are worse than my cdti!

My vxr has drilled and grooved discs all round. The cdti (Sri 150 xp) i fitted new front discs and pads,rear pads and a new rear caliper earlier this year. Just standard ones from Parkerís....

But since owning the vxr I now notice if I ever hop in the cdti I about go through the windscreen the brakes are that good!

How can the vxr brakes be worse? Is it to do with them being drilled and grooved? Maybe **** quality pads? Only thing Iíve noticed is the rear discs have been like this since Iíve owned it

Brakes donít feel spongey and the fluid is a nice yellow colour. They just donít feel anywhere near as sharp as the cdti brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you might have a bad caliper, looks like the braking force is only being applied to half the disc

This is why I always say to people don't bother with any brake "upgrades" unless it's braided lines or an increase in brake size or improvement in brake caliper.

Grooved, dimpled, slotted etc discs and different standard size pads I always felt responded a lot worse to oe.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    This is why I always say to people don't bother with any brake "upgrades" unless it's braided lines or an increase in brake size or improvement in brake caliper.

Grooved, dimpled, slotted etc discs and different standard size pads I always felt responded a lot worse to oe.
    this as well, dimpled and drilled discs chew brake pads like crazy as well.

VXRed

Both rear discs are the same. Surely not 2 bad rear calipers?

VXRed

I tend to agree with what youíre both saying. To me it makes sense as there isnít as much surface area for the pads with the drilled and grooved!

Take pads out check how there seated clean carrier. Depending on what pads look like replace.

I went through all the range of different style discs and pads. The mainly shat myself when I realised the braking had become terrible ..... soon as oe went on they gained a lot mote bite.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Generally I find them shocking anyway for what car itís actually made for Iíve had new disc and pads all round and still donít think there any good tbh donít expect to much from them bud as you wonít be put through the windscreen on these (my opinion anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by CoolStory View Post
    My vxr has drilled and grooved discs all round. The cdti (Sri 150 xp) i fitted new front discs and pads,rear pads and a new rear caliper earlier this year. Just standard ones from Parker’s....

But since owning the vxr I now notice if I ever hop in the cdti I about go through the windscreen the brakes are that good!

How can the vxr brakes be worse? Is it to do with them being drilled and grooved? Maybe **** quality pads? Only thing I’ve noticed is the rear discs have been like this since I’ve owned it

Brakes don’t feel spongey and the fluid is a nice yellow colour. They just don’t feel anywhere near as sharp as the cdti brakes

Its a really bad photo but what I can make of it - appears to show that only 50% contact between pad/disc. Being drilled and slotted is a red herring. Plus the rears although important dont make the biggest impact on braking force - thats the fronts really.

I think you will find your answer stripping the whole brake system down as if the backs are that bad, the fronts must be worse to have such bad braking overall. You can test fluid but would be far easier just replacing.

I would replace pads with OEM but as stated already - pads/discs dont make the biggest impact imo - that comes with quality braided lines and race brake DOT4.1 fluid.

Point to remember - special method to bleed VXR brakes - look in the how section for sequence.

hth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast