+ Reply to Thread

Default Stage 2/Pops & Bangs

Need some advise here.

So back in August I had an induction kit, Scorpion secondary de-cat & a Scorpion non res cat back fitted. Had it remapped to a stage 1 which went very well with no problems.

Today I had a Scorpion primary de-cat fitted & had it remapped to a stage 2 was hoping to increase the power as well as get some pops & bangs from the exhaust.

No pops & bangs but the power increased slightly but at top end. But from 40mph if I give it some the clutch slips.

From what Iíve been told this is normal so I would need to invest in an upgraded clutch & that Astra J VXRís canít get pops & bangs mapped in.

I have attached dyno graph results below.

Any help & advise will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by som72som; 14th September 2018 at 09:36 AM.

Direct injection = much more efficient burning of fuel so none spare to ignite and bang.

You need an H to get them.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Direct injection = much more efficient burning of fuel so none spare to ignite and bang.

You need an H to get them.
    Cheers mate, any ideas on the clutch slipping?

I'm not the best to advise you on that mate. I'm an H owner and only really extensively know about that lol.

I just know that the J used direct injection like the vag cars, so pops and bangs aren't as forthcoming as from the older H.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    I'm not the best to advise you on that mate. I'm an H owner and only really extensively know about that lol.

I just know that the J used direct injection like the vag cars, so pops and bangs aren't as forthcoming as from the older H.
    Ok cheers fella

VXRed

Just had my J done at WG Motorworks to Stage 2 and I was told that the clutch can slip, apparently it's hit and miss. Last year I had a new clutch and flywheel and luckily my clutch does not slip at Stage 2.

I do not get pops and bangs.

My Stage 2 included a primary de-cat (secondary left in), induction kit and uprated spark plugs. One thing I've noticed on your graph is your torque is quite low for a Stage 2 and I am surprised your clutch is slipping at 347lbft but I suppose if it's worn it will slip. Mine is making 390lbft and 320bhp and it's fine. Quite an odd torque curve as well but I suppose each tuner does it different.

I recommend you either replace the stock clutch or take the opportunity to go for an uprated clutch... See here for more details:

http://shop.wgmotorworks.co.uk/index...&search=clutch

You retain the stock DMF with the uprated clutch.

Cheers

VXRed

Hereís my graph

Quote Originally Posted by V*X*R View Post
    Hereís my graph

Thanks for your response, I think I will contact WG & pop to see them. Would you have their contact details mate?

VXRed

Best thing to do is send an email to info@wgmotorworks.co.uk. He’ll normally reply the following morning. If they aren’t local then use Courtenay Sport instead as they are also highly rated for tuning / mapping

Quote Originally Posted by V*X*R View Post
    Best thing to do is send an email to info@wgmotorworks.co.uk. Heíll normally reply the following morning. If they arenít local then use Courtenay Sport instead as they are also highly rated for tuning / mapping
    Thanks mate

+ Reply to Thread