+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXR enough

mtec discs are under discussion on another forum im on , they appear to rust very quickly when compared to other makes , just saying

VXRed blooded

Each disc is assembled from 52 parts by my counting, the majority of them manufactured from aluminium and stainless steel plus a retaining screw, not just one steel disc plus a retaining screw as with standard discs, so imagine this is a big part of the reason for the much higher cost.

I changed the pads and discs on my Corsa at about 35k and I don't drive it like a looney. My old RS2000 was on the original discs at 80k and I had a Peugeot 206 that needed discs at 5k!!! There is such a difference in wear rates with different cars, discs, pads etc.
    Main dealer quoted me a stupid £1600 or something like that. Got the lot and fitted for less than £250 all round.
    Try brake depot (on eBay), they have lots of choice, good prices and I found the service very good too.

My front discs will need replacing when the current pads wear out. I expect that to be at about 25k miles

This is because it's a weekend toy rather than a daily, so gets abused lol

I bought my j 2 years ago. It had 24 k on clock and had brand new front disks and pads fitted. I changed rear disks and pads at 40 k - after market brand and excellent brakes.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

VXRed

Just had the pads changed with my local garage and say my discs are good for another 10000 miles at least, definitely pays to get a second opinion. It does seem main dealers love to change parts a bit prematurely when it’s on yourself for cost and reluctant to get things done on warranty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2