+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Default help identifying an aircon hose/pipe

Hey guys, thanks in no small part to previous help on here, i got around to replacing my air con condenser today and about time too as it was more holes than it was condensor!

The issue was, one of the bolts was so stuck that as i was undoing it, instead of turning it bent the whole bracket and in doing so put a kink in the aircon pipe and then sheared off the bolt

So i looked on ebay and have ordered a pipe/hose that says it fits but it's not from a vxr and it doesn't look quite right in the pics, i tried calling autovaux and they said they'd have to order it from Germany at a cost of over £200!!!! no way i'm paying that.

So i'm just curious if the part in the picture (which is the one i've ordered and looks very close to the one i took off the car, but not quite identical although it could be the angle of the pics etc... ) has a proper name or part number, or if anyone can say if it's the same on all Astra G's or if the vxr one is different in some way etc....

If it helps to figure out what pipe it is, if your stood infront of the car looking at the condenser it's the pipe/hose that comes out of the top left hand side, goes back to the compressor then goes from there to just under the cold air intake for the standard air box.

I hate that pipe. Gets in the way of the dipstick. Or is that my direct route pipe :/ ......
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

I highly doubt the vxr has a different air con pipe setup to the rest of the H range. For cost saving if anything.

VXRed blooded

that's what i figured, i know Vx like to screw over us vxr guys by giving it as many parts as they can that are just a little different so they can charge us a fortune for them (or maybe that's just how it feels) but i would've assumed it was the same as well.

Yeah part of it is the part which comes up near the dipstick and i'm in the same boat as you, between that pipe and the direct route it makes getting at the dipstick interesting lol

I've developed a "hook out and bend around" technique

VXRed blooded

yep, i've done similar, nearly flicked oil in my eye first time i tried it

Yoube gotta slow the withdrawal as it nears the end of the stick shaft.

That must be an awkward point to have just joined the conversation

VXRed blooded

oh yes, no one wants splashback when pulling out

VXRed blooded

little update, the parts are different not sure if they're different on 3 vs 5 door models, if they're different because of engines or exactly why, but the one i ordered doesn't quite fit, the hose parts seem roughly the right length but the metal pipe bits are either/both different lengths or at different angles etc..

I could get the hose from the compressor to where it joins under the cold air feed to attach but could tell it wasn't quite right as it i had to man handle it a bit, but the end that goes from the compressor to the condenser was maybe 4 inches too short and not angled correctly even if it had reached.

So now going to try and find someone on ebay braking a vxr as there's no aircon pipes listed as coming from a vxr on there own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast