+ Reply to Thread

Default Clubsport standard ride height

Afternoon,

Just after some info regarding the standard clubsport ride height. On paper, (vx's website) it says "Lowered Bilstein springs and inverted dampers (reduced by 20mm front, 15mm rear)".

But I've noticed mine sits lower at the rear than it does at the front which is opposite to what it says above. Is this normal for the model? The car has only done 14k miles in the last 4 years and all components look to be original.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srihaggis View Post
    Afternoon,

Just after some info regarding the standard clubsport ride height. On paper, (vx's website) it says "Lowered Bilstein springs and inverted dampers (reduced by 20mm front, 15mm rear)".

But I've noticed mine sits lower at the rear than it does at the front which is opposite to what it says above. Is this normal for the model? The car has only done 14k miles in the last 4 years and all components look to be original.

Many thanks

The reduced by 20 mm and 15mm only relate to the difference from the standard model heights and means nothing as to what should be lower between the front and rear

Astra

VXR enough

It should either be sitting level or with a slight rake downwards at the front - the rear should never be lower.

But it depends how you are measuring it, as going by the sculpted side skirt and wheel arch gap isn't accurate for obvious reasons.

You'd be best to post up a side on pic and we can tell you.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Default Clubsport standard ride height

I’ve looked at some pictures from when you first posted it, and IMO it looks fine.

There’s no harm in having a look to see if the Shocks and Springs are mechanically fine though. Just in case...
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

I had a quick look at the springs just incase, I assume it is normal for this type to have the first 3 coils pretty much bottomed out, certainly looking at some used ones on eBay they are the same, but here are some photos from the side, and with a tape to confirm the heights. As you can see, there is only a 7mm difference which I know isn't much but would still sooner get others opinions.

Last edited by srihaggis; 17th September 2018 at 05:43 PM.

VXR enough

Looks fine to me.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Looks fine to me bud.

Mine looks the same.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Looks exactly the same as my Club Sport (4 years old and 8k)

Thanks for the help chaps. It's just for peace of mind at the end of the day.

+ Reply to Thread