+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Astra vxr .... jacks are apparently no no .....

According to the manual .....

Jacked mine up untold times. Using the required jacking points of course .....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

When I had my 'H' I found that the VX jack wouldn't fit onto its location (at the back) because, if I remember correctly, the body kit was fouling the jack. I bought a Halfords jack and managed to jack it from one of the arms. I have a 'J' now and it doesnt come with a jack. I bought one but again will jack it up from one of the arms.

My 'H' was fitted with 19 inch rims and the original owner bought a fifth wheel as a spare - great.

VX penny pinched on the 'J' - no spare, no jack, and you blow the tyre up with a repair foam and the garage wont fix it !!

Pisses me off cars come without a spare wheel nowadays. Space savers were bad enough but half of them don’t even get that.

I believe the H VXR doesn’t come with spare either and just the repair pump up ********

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vxr wheels are too big and expensive for a spare to be financially viable.

And a spacesaver would be too small to mingle with the other 3 big wheels.

VXR enough

Does the Astra have the spare wheel well?
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Does the Astra have the spare wheel well?
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had many flats recently as I work in a screw factory, and I too was ****** off with no spare on my corsa. I bought brand new tyres and got a screw in the centre of one, I knew it was repairable but also knew if I used the foam it wouldnt be repairable. So I basically had to take wheel off leave over night and bring back next day fixed . My corsa also had no jack?? But not sure if that's because past owners lost. I do like the built in compressor though, that comes in handy

I actually bought a Halfords air compressor. .... totally forgetting the cars inflation kit had one .....

And like the astra mate as the vxr corsa has extended skirts etc there was probably no jack included as it was viewed as "unsuitable".

Your manual should tell you.

Didn't get a manual mate, hell I didn't even get the lock in wheel nut to take wheels off!! Ive since download manual though and bought a low profile jack. The compressor good for bike wheels etc on trips why they put space for spare wheel in astra if they didn't add one? In case the owner wants to buy one afterwards? I think a jack added should be compulsory just incase you do decide to buy wheel. Plus I dont know how good the foam is as never used, I'm assuming if tyre ruined then this wouldn't help thus needing a jack to remove wheel

The base chassis are all the same mate. the wheel well would obviously have housed the space saver on the smaller wheel models.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast