+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dec View Post
    Sounds nice mate, Iíve got the clubsport with twin pipes do you think itíll sound any different? Removing pre-cat??.. Will it cause any warning errors on dash??. Also have upgraded yr injectors??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The clubsport comes just with the Remus backbox as far as I'm aware.. so it won't sound as loud as what mine did. If you remove the pre-cat it'll let some more noise through though. If any lights do come on it'll just be for emissions- can get that cleared.. Uprated injectors were fitted when it was mapped.
    Stage 3 Corsa VXR- Gone!
    Octavia VRS TSI MK3

Quote Originally Posted by P33vea View Post
    There will be no issues with the mot as long as the main cat is still in
    incorrect it can fail on a pre cat removal its all down to if the tester notices or knows its missing
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Mot law changed this past may but mainly on diesel cars and a few other bits. there's a bit of a grey area with decats, if the main cat is still in place then I think 9 out of 10 times it will pass although by the rules set for the Mot I think if you remove one of the cats then the Mot tester Could fail it because of this but this doesn't tend to happen, I know 3 people who recently had one cat removed and still passed mot

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Mot law changed this past may but mainly on diesel cars and a few other bits. there's a bit of a grey area with decats, if the main cat is still in place then I think 9 out of 10 times it will pass although by the rules set for the Mot I think if you remove one of the cats then the Mot tester Could fail it because of this but this doesn't tend to happen, I know 3 people who recently had one cat removed and still passed mot
    Cheers guys.. good to know, do love the sound of the pops & bangsí gurgles.. but Iíll probably leave mine standard

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by timmee View Post
    incorrect it can fail on a pre cat removal its all down to if the tester notices or knows its missing
    My tester motd mine last year with the pre cat in place and this year I had removed it and he still motd it said it wasnít an issue so depends where you go

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    My tester motd mine last year with the pre cat in place and this year I had removed it and he still motd it said it wasn’t an issue so depends where you go

nope it depends on if the tester does his job correctly its written in black and white in the testers guide
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Are you VXR enough?

nope it depends on if the tester does his job correctly its written in black and white in the testers guide
    Thereís always people putting a downer on things ? So are you saying you drive around in a totally std car then ?
    All Iím saying is the majority will pass without having the ore cat on but if you take the p and turn up without and have a straight through decat then itís your own fault
    Otherwise if the testers were gonna be really **** then most cars would be off the road for hideous body kits and spoilers which look unsafe and affect the handling of the car etc so letís be sensible if you get an **** if a tester yes it will fail but most are not bothered as long as you have a main cat in place you will be ok

VXR enough

He's not putting a downer, he's just trying to make people aware theres a risk?

I mean if i was new and older forum member said similar to "there will be no issues with the mot as long as the main cat is still in" then i'd assume they know what they're talking about and would happily rip the precat off and always expect to pass and MOT.

However if they said "there will be PROBABLY no issues with the mot as long as the main cat is still in, but there is a ALWAYS a chance they could fail" then i might think twice.

Point being if you're going to hand out suggestions its best to tell the whole story, so the person in question can make an informed decision, thats all.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    There’s always people putting a downer on things ? So are you saying you drive around in a totally std car then ?
    All I’m saying is the majority will pass without having the ore cat on but if you take the p and turn up without and have a straight through decat then it’s your own fault
    Otherwise if the testers were gonna be really **** then most cars would be off the road for hideous body kits and spoilers which look unsafe and affect the handling of the car etc so let’s be sensible if you get an **** if a tester yes it will fail but most are not bothered as long as you have a main cat in place you will be ok

here you read this you might just learn about how the mot kinda works and what can be failed and what has nowt to do with the test
    https://www.mot-testing.service.gov....als/class3457/

Are you VXR enough?

here you read this you might just learn about how the mot kinda works and what can be failed and what has nowt to do with the test
    https://www.mot-testing.service.gov....als/class3457/
    Hey Iím only saying most will pass it without the ore cat , had a quick look and donít really say a lot except emissions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast