+ Reply to Thread
    VXR enough

Default Traded in my J. Oh what a sad day!!!

This is a sad day!!! I have traded in my J VXR, and the new car, an SRi, is being delivered to me today. If anyone wants a really superb example of the J VXR, contact Baylis Vauxhall in Stroud, Gloucestershire. Have a word with James Norman in Sales. Their phone is 01453 765522. I hope it goes to someone on here as I know it will be looked after and enjoyed, like I did. I've never owned a car for so long, and it has taken a lot of soul searching to decide to change. Usual time for me owning a car is 2 to 3 years max, and the new one will be my 26th.

I bought my car in September 2012. It's done just over 42000 miles and has been totally reliable. Even the paintwork is in excellent condition, which is very unusual for the early cars. There are very few paint chips. It has Team Dynamics ProRace 1.3 wheels fitted all around, and if anyone on here does buy it, I also have a 5th wheel as a spare. Baylis didn't want it as I had never got around to fitting it in the wheel-well.

Options fitted when new:
    Electric folding mirrors,
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Premium Forward Lighting pack (Xenons)
    VXR Heated Performance seating pack
    Fitted Sat Nav.

When I had the car serviced, I asked about changing the timing belt. They went away to speak to the workshop and came back to tell me that it didn't need changing as there is no belt. It's chain timing. That's was a surprise. I thought the J had a timing belt.

Average fuel consumption is regularly around 28/29 mpg.

Everything still works as built.
    4 excellent Dunlop Sport Maxx RT tyres.
    The car had it's major service 2 weeks ago. It passed it's MOT which runs until September next year. It has full service history, and has been serviced every September, since new, by Baylis.

Lastly. I posted this here as it is not me selling my car. I am just letting you all know that there is a great example available from the Stroud branch of the main Vauxhall dealer in Gloucestershire, and I would like it to go to someone who will appreciate it.

The Reg.plate did not go with the car. Baylis didn't want to buy it from me. I still retain it and if a new owner wants it, I am sure we can come to a mutually satisfactory arrangement to get it transfered.

Here are some photos:-

Anyone wants any info about the car, before contacting Baylis, you can PM me.

VXRacing ahead

I'm with you on one this Robert, I've had mine since 1st Sept 2013 and have loved every day of ownership. I'm now thinking of trading it in for either the new Megane RS or i30N, I just don't know whether to do it or not.

I take it the gsi offering doesn't take your fancy???
    I do like the megane, nice styling and they shift too, by all accounts. It's just that Renault thing that would put me off... reliability etc and I believe Renault's in general can be a nightmare to work on.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

VXRed

I am in a very similar situation I don’t know what to replace mine with. Thinking about a mini JCW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE S View Post
    I am in a very similar situation I don’t know what to replace mine with. Thinking about a mini JCW?

Don't think theres any point going from an Astra to a Mini?

I'd suggest a Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost.

I've just gone to the 140 brake version after getting shot of my ~200 brake Corsa and also the 1.4 daily i had.

Fantastic car - i get more MPG than my 1.4 did, its almost as fast as my 1.6 was and handles better than both....according to the Ford forums at stage 2 it will be faster than a std Fiesta ST and still get great mpg.

Only 20 a year tax too.

Theres a smug satisfaction to be had not pissing money away on tax and fuel IMO.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

Mini JCW is 230 bhp going for test drive on Sunday.

I part ex’d my 2015 last September for a Focus ST 250 after 2 years of ownership.

Focus is fun and more practical imo.

Still have a Corsa E VXR though, that the Wife uses
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line and a Corsa D VXR > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 > Focus MK3 ST3 250 and a Corsa E VXR ***

VXRed

Default Traded in my J. Oh what a sad day!!!

Well I’ve done the deal traded my beloved VXR in yesterday brought a new mini JCW. I’ve had approximately 12 Vauxhall’s but this will be my last one for the foreseeable future. The supplying dealer was useless & Vauxhall gave less than satisfactory support plus Vauxhall produce nothing currently that appeals to me. I will look on the forum to see if anyone buys my car. It’s 2014 black VXR with 20k miles.

Thanks everyone for all the help over the years .

Last edited by STEVE S; 1st October 2018 at 06:54 PM.

The house we are working in this week has a white J living next door, I can't stop looking at it, I miss mine awwww...

For anyone thinking of going for a megane rs, all I can say is they're a brilliant drive, I picked mine up a couple of months ago. It handles very similar to the J but the way it gets away from junctions etc is far better, it just hooks up and goes! You need to forget it's a 1.8 and just drive it.
    One thing I noticed in the wet, it does suffer from axle tramp just like the J did but when I switched from the p Zero's to MPSS on the J it transformed the car so, I would think once the bridgestones are changed on the rs it should be spot on.
    Renault have suspended building of the rs and plan on taking orders again from December, due to the new emmisions compliance testing.

+ Reply to Thread