+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air Con!!!

Default Air Con!!!

So Air com decided to stop working. After 2 failed attempts at regass discovered the aircon condenser had a small hole so had it replaced for £400. 24 hours later aircon empty again!!! Take it back now discover itís also the air con compressor, want another £600!!!

Not willing to fork out that much so after a reconditioned/used one. Been advised the part number is *95521421‬ however nothin much appears online plus I have also see listings on eBay with the number 13450516. Wondered if anyone could confirm or advise best place to get one and the correct part number

Cheers
    VX History: MK3 Astra Sport, MK4 Astra 2.2 SRI, MK4 ASTRA GSI, VECTRA VXR, Astra GTC (oil burner)

VXRO's Bulging Eyes burgerken374's Avatar

My 62 plate car's air con went last month, they had to replace pipes, condenser, compressor & drier, all for the princely sum of £2100, but as I am first owner it was covered under lifetime warranty. Originally it was just split pipe which is a £275 part + Labour & wouldn't have been covered, but as all four parts had failed I didn't have to pay a penny.

£2100!!! Would have rather gone without aircon at that price, nice one with the warranty.

Iím hoping the compressor will do the job just got to find the right one
    VX History: MK3 Astra Sport, MK4 Astra 2.2 SRI, MK4 ASTRA GSI, VECTRA VXR, Astra GTC (oil burner)

+ Reply to Thread