+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front bumper

VXRed

Default Front bumper

[/IMG]Good evening all, so Iíve just had my front bumper repainted and Iíve noticed the gap between bumper and bonnet is a lot bigger than it was before it went in and in close inspection Iím missing the 2 bolts that Iíve circled in picture can anyone tell me what bolts they are and would this be a factor in why the gap is so big.
    Thanks Rob
    Attached Images

VXRed

I'm not certain but pretty sure those are not going to be critical to the bumper locating correctly. Do you know if they were even there in the first place?

An overall picture of your bumper showing the gap would be good. Also is there a gap down the sides where it meets the wings? That'll be a giveaway.

One thing I noticed which freaked me out when I got the J was when the engine was warm, the heat caused that top part of the bumper to sort of lift at the tips if you know what I mean, so the gap between bumper and bonnet always looked larger as a result until the plastic cooled.

If the bolts are missing then replace them though, they are obviously there for something!
    Last edited by V*X*R; 30th September 2018 at 08:31 PM.

VXRed

Hi v*x*r thanks for your reply they where there before it went into body shop for front bumper repaint and the gap between bumper and bonnet was fine before it went in , the gap down the side where it meet wing is good I’ll take a picture tomorrow for you to see. Thanks Rob

+ Reply to Thread