+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    VXRed blooded

I'm not at all sure if the problem described in the bulletin is relevant to the problem you describe or not, but in talking to a dealership I thought you might wish to be aware of this known issue with 'Insufficient damping behavior of clutch assembly' with original clutches, and improved clutches being fitted after a certain build date, and how the clutch might have been improved, especially if the problem gets worse and turns out to be as described in the bulletin, as warranty claim or not it might help you negotiate a more acceptable solution.

I'm interested in this as I have a late 2014 built J VXR from new thats done 15,500 miles, and I don't know which clutch it has got.

The slow speed 1st to 2nd gear perfomance has never been great (I found out early on that I needed to learn how to change gear in the way the F40CR gearbox seemed to need me to) and if it does have an original clutch, I'd be interested to know what if anything the improved clutch might do for gear changes.

You might wish to take a look at a video at,

https://youtu.be/DbvP5EvpUbA

which I believe may show the operation of the exact type of DMF in the J VXR.

It helped me understand what might be going on with the DMF and clutch damping springs between the engine and gearbox.
    Last edited by Carbon Flash; 31st October 2018 at 08:55 PM.

VXRed

I found a print out with engine info on it
    Iíll have a look on my log book that should have the number on iirc

VXRed blooded

The V5 does not always show the full engine number, but the engine number is also printed on the credit card size Vauxhall 'Car Pass' card that tends come in the owners manual folder in the glovebox, and is dot matrix stamped on the engine block aluminium oil filter housing at,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wjgrmo9bn...p%201.pdf?dl=0

as shown on a different engine in the US at,

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...DK-LHU-Compare

but the engine number on mine does not seem to be similar to that quoted on the bulletin, but again knowing the engine number might help you negotiate with a dealership.
    Last edited by Carbon Flash; 31st October 2018 at 09:32 PM.

VXRed

Well I phoned the dealer where I bought the car only 5 6 weeks ago
    Asked
    If the bulliten was relevant to my engine or chassis number.
    She couldn’t find anything on the system and said basically we ain’t gonna look at it as you took it to your local dealer first so they can deal with
    It..
    And of course the local dealer told me pretty much that the selling dealer
    Should hamdle it
    So no ones willing to take this seriously
    ****ing joke except jokes are funny

VXRed blooded

In the first instance I suggest you phone Vauxhall customer care on 0843 658 0831 as mentioned at,

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...s-to-Vauxhall.

and get the issue registered and a reference number from them, and ask them which dealership you should take it to, or if that phone number has changed try the numbers at the bottom of the page at,

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/tools/con...e.html#contact

From what you wrote, sounds as if the second dealer you took it to only looked at it and took it on a test drive. As car owners surely we are free to ask anyone and any dealership to test drive our car and give us their advice without reducing the supplying dealerships responsibility in any way. We might well need to consult another dealership if we happen to have a problem when hundreds of miles from the supplying dealership. Best to talk to the supplying dealership service manager in person in such circumstances I feel, but as a owner of three brilliant Astra's over the years and one Astra I bought new that was a major disappointment and in and out of dealerships for some years and was never right, I understand your frustration and if you are anything like me, pure rage at the situation.
    Last edited by Carbon Flash; 1st November 2018 at 02:16 PM.

VXRed

Ah thanks for that Iíll ring them when I get time tomorrow
    Bit to ****** off right now tbh and got to start work.

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia125 View Post
    So what your saying is if my clutch is early type the little clock I get whe lifting my clutch pedal and the bump I feel in first is or might be down to this bulliten?
    If so do I have a warranty claim as
    Clutches ainít covered
    I think in this day and age clutches should last 80k with reasonable driving standards, if not they are not fit for purpose and should not fail on a 4.5 year old car.+ They sold you a car with a dodgy clutch , mention trading standards. Sure they won't want more scandal of Network Q selling doddgy cars. Imagine you pulled out from a t junction and couldn't get into 2 nd gear, t boned , dead or badly injured. Just mention things like this to VX customercare (care!), not to mention the other car the other car that hit you.

VXR enough

you have a 3 month no quibble warranty under the consumers act of 2015 pal , never mind the VX warranty , youre being fobbed off ! clutch should be smooth , silent and judder free so stop being messed about I give em what for

Recently bought my VXR J, 35k miles and had a very noticeable whine when on full steering lock whilst giving slight acceleration, replaced with Fuchs Titan Race SRG 75 gearbox oil as many people have suggested and it has been an instant fix. I can't say I notice a huge difference in how smooth gear changes are, however occasionally it used to pop out of first while setting off, this hasn't happened since the gearbox oil has been changed.

The only mechanical clunks I hear are from the gearbox when putting into gear, usually lower gears, 1st to second, 2nd to 3rd for example. Your juddering and clutch noises don't sound too healthy tho, I would defo get those looked at.

Hope it's not a huge issue mate!

VXRed

I’ve been in contact with vx care there looking in to it tomorrow and I’ll hear back aprently

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3