+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Default Custom exhaust opinions ?

Just been to see the lad who is going to make my custom exhaust

He has recommended 3 inch turbo to cat and then 2.5 cat back non res just the rear silencer

He says that will avoid the drone associated with
    Full 3 inch turbo back decat system produce

Just wondering what people reckon ?

All in for half cash half card he wants 720 for 3 inch turbo back with an interchangeable magnex sport cat/decat non res just the rear silencer and an enlarged vxr style tip

He said he will do it a touch cheaper if I'm happy with the 2.5 inch cat back section

He reckons the 2.5 cat back won't hold it back

Edit

So that's why some of my posts get edited every now and then

Thought I was going crazy lol

Was not really promoting merely linking his work so people could give an opinion on the quality of it

But if that's the forum rules I guess it's just tuff thanks for at least letting me know this time whoever the moderator was
    Last edited by Andyb712; 7th October 2018 at 12:17 AM. Reason: promo again
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXRed blooded

Pic of the tip He has for me I have seen a cobra one recently and his is definitely bigger it completely fills the cut out
    Last edited by Andyb712; 3rd October 2018 at 05:25 PM.
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

If it were me, I'd be looking for a resonated 3" turbo-back all the way through. Resonated should inhibit any drone

With your signature stage hints, get it done once, get it done right.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed blooded

Thanks for that mate exactly what I was thinking said to the guy I can always add a 2nd silencer at a later date

Think he just wanted the easier to make and install 2.5 but he did say if I wanted the 3 inch system he was happy to do it
    Last edited by Andyb712; 7th October 2018 at 12:18 AM.

Yes 2 silencer true 3" system.

The centre resonator will cancel out the drone.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

I bought the Blue Flame system because it was 3 inch all the way and I have modular options with it.

Res/Non-Res mid sections (non-res does not drone at higher revs/speeds and res section makes it almost quiet inside)
    200 Cell Cat/Decat section (just unbolt 2 bolts and slide the cat out and slide the decat pipe in and bolt up)
    Full sized tip just fills the rear diffuser perfectly (pictured)

Unfortunately BF only made a small run of the full systems and all told it was about £1300 for all the options compared to other manufacturers offerings but that was worth it for being able to mix and match options for road/track and know it all fits perfectly.

I would recommend you get them to make it modular at 3" and then you can buy other parts you need as you need rather than it all welded up and you have to buy whole replacement sections.

The above pic is when I bought it, I purchased the non res mid section and the decat sections later.

Russ
    Last edited by Deathace; 4th October 2018 at 10:00 AM.

VXRed blooded

Thank you very much pal I will show the builder your post and see what he says

Really appreciate your reply would you recommend res or non res in your opinion i want noise without a doubt but don't want it to be unbearable

He has offered to add the centre silencer at later date

I just think if I go res i will regret it and want non res

I would gauge on what he is going to do with the rear box as you can see the blue flame one is fairly hefty to knock out some of the noise which is why I went with the non-res additional pipe and haven't changed it back since. If he is using a smaller rear box then I guess having the mid res box may not be a problem but my gut feeling is you will still want non-res so go with that and buy a res later if you have to.

Russ

VXRed blooded

Top bloke thanks for that non res it is can't wait just got to get stem seals done by my mate at vauxhall 1st not filling a brand new exhaust full of oil and carbon lol

I'd have loved a blueflame. Shame about the limited availability and price.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast