+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Look at your old bracket to see what I mean about the slotted and elongated bolt holes

Your biggest clue is the alignment readouts you got

The rear beam is not sitting right

I would explain to the hunter place what's happened and maybe even show them this thread
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXRed blooded

Also one last question did you use the original triangle brackets or did you get new ones with the new axle

Also as for the bolts being tight to go back in mine was the same it's probably just due to years of corrosion getting into the thread's in the chassis
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Also one last question did you use the original triangle brackets or did you get new ones with the new axle

Also as for the bolts being tight to go back in mine was the same it's probably just due to years of corrosion getting into the thread's in the chassis
    Hi mate,

Been to two different tracking shops both had laser alignment equipment and the second place had a go at adjustment with no luck. There is a clear area where the mounting brackets were on the car and we can’t get them to match up to on both sides, we match the drivers and it pulls the passengers side out of place, we kept trying to get the front bolt to be central but we can’t make it happen.

The “new” beam did come with mounting brackets which I did originally use but I had so much going round in my head I started thinking were they sided so I took them off and tried using my original ones but still no luck, I have loosened them off a few times and tried wiggling the beam into place but there just doesn’t seem enough movement.

As to the bolts being a tight fit, we get one side in and the threads on the other side are touching the bracket, we slide it over to get it off the thread and it pulls the other brackets onto the thread, we’re trying to get them a central as possible

With traction control kicking in there isn’t an abs light coming on cause I did originally think that and check but they definitely clicked in.

It’s one of those which is awkward to explain.

VXRed blooded

Put up some pics of the install specifically the poly bushes

Also laser alignment will not do for your issue

Laser alignment lines up front off the back this will not work for you as your back is out

You need the hunter alignment

Also did you use new disc guards at the rear?

VXRed blooded

Did you use powerflex purple bushes?

Did you use powerflex purple bushes?
    Ok mate, I’ve got some basic pictures on my phone but I’ll take some more when I get home from work and yeah I used new disc shields and there purple powerflex bushes

VXRed blooded

The purple and black sides which way round did you have them

Purple edge to the inside and black edge to the outside?

The purple and black sides which way round did you have them

Purple edge to the inside and black edge to the outside?
    Yeah that’s how I’ve done it

I’ve had the “new” beam off this afternoon and measured it along side my original it is about 1/2” shorter in all measurements so that’ll explain that, put my original one back on and it’s drivability has massively improved put the side that hit the curb all those months ago is still sitting on a weird angle I’ll have to try and source another rear beam that’s not if a crash damaged Astra and see where I go from there.

VXRed blooded

Strange that mate but it would explain it absolutely gutted for you after all that work what a kick in the plums

One thing I would ask is did the replacement beam definitely come from a vxr

Any beam will fit but they have different load bearing strengths

Cannot remember which post it was but they have 3 letters stamped on them

I will try to find it for ya also I know a lad who breaks vxr's in Blackpool so I may be able to help you source a new beam

I will text him for you i take it you just want the beam without the hubs etc would you want the triangle mounting brackets?
    Last edited by Andyb712; 9th October 2018 at 05:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast