+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Knock sensor vectra opc/vrx

Hey all, i got a little problem. My spanner light has come and gone for a while. Read the fault codes some time ago and it pointed at the knock sensor.
    I can drive without the spanner light coming on. But when i stop the car for some time and then start it again the light comes on.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Was thinking if i have to replace the sensor, or is there something else i can try first? Thanks

VXRed

What petrol are you running and is it remapped? If you are running a map on it you should have your spark plugs gapped at 0.7 max and be running premium fuel like shell vpower or BP ultimate. That's where I would start
    Quote Originally Posted by VectraOPC2.8 View Post
    Hey all, i got a little problem. My spanner light has come and gone for a while. Read the fault codes some time ago and it pointed at the knock sensor.
    I can drive without the spanner light coming on. But when i stop the car for some time and then start it again the light comes on.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Was thinking if i have to replace the sensor, or is there something else i can try first? Thanks
    Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

What were the fault codes ? do you have oc or a live data run would be nice to see what’s going on.

VXRed

The fault codes are. P0324\14 and P0324/12.

The car was mapped by the previous owner. Dont know if they gapped the plugs.
    In sweden we got b95 and b98 fuel. Dont know what they are compared and called in England. But i use the b98 wich i am supposed to use here. Previous owner have used both, so maybe i could try and use some kind of fuel injector cleaner?

Edit: maybe i should unmap it and see if That helps.
    Last edited by VectraOPC2.8; 11th October 2018 at 01:35 PM.

Is it misfiring at all ?

Could be the map, mine has thrown up atmospheric circuit malfunction, twice now down to the map.
    Just had to remap or delete fault code.

Are there any noises that you here ?

VXRed

Havent noticed any misfiring. But when the light is on and I get around 3000 rpm i loose some power.

Cant hear any noices at all. Hmm.. I Will try to remove the map tommorrow. I drove the car for some weeks after i bought it and never had the light. Previous owner said they never had That problem even though it was mapped.

The garage removed the fault code but it came back later.

Once the light comes on it’s in limp mode reduced power.
    Quite a few ecu’s are now having problems with remapping not that uncommon if it isn’t that check wiring to knock sensor.

VXRed

Oh, ok. Well i Will unmap it and check if it helps. Ill tell u if it helped in a couple of days ^^ Thanks for the help

VXRed

So. I removed the map a couple of days ago. Still get the spanner.
    And ive noticed the light coming on while driving now, usually lights up when i drive and pass 30km. Like in i have to drive 30km before it lights up, not That it lights up after i pass 30kph lol

Two options replace knock sensor check wiring!!!
    Later in the weekend I’ll try and find some wiring diagrams.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast