+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Exclamation help needed. issues corsa d vxr pressurising coolant

hi, i have an issue and was wandering if anyone could shed any loght on what may be the cause. car is fully forged. having an issue with coolant pressurising amd boiling over. literally just had head gasket done and head has been skimmed, new water pump, new thermostat, new reservoir cap. cant think what may be the cause? any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

VXRed blooded

Given what you have done or had done already I would guess at something has not been done right

Or one other possibility is you might have defective fan that is not kicking in around 105

Only other thing I can think of would be the coolant temperature sensor playing up

They usually have two outputs one for the guage and one for the ecu either one can fail sometimes both i doubt this is causing your issue but it's something to look into

Most things that can cause this you have already replaced so it's definitely a strange one

Maybe someone more knowledgeable on the corsa will chime in for you
    Last edited by Andyb712; 10th October 2018 at 11:08 PM.
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXRed blooded

Did you bleed the system when you filled it back up

With the heater on full and the cap off get the engine hot and the thermostat open it usually takes about 10 mins and you usually have to add more coolant as it bleeds itself all the air pockets make their way back to the header tank
    Last edited by Andyb712; 10th October 2018 at 11:43 PM.
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue standard for now but with mtc top hat and crossover delete and ramair filter

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Did you bleed the system when you filled it back up

With the heater on full and the cap off get the engine hot and the thermostat open it usually takes about 10 mins and you usually have to add more coolant as it bleeds itself all the air pockets make their way back to the header tank
    I had a garage change my coolant and it was all full I drove home and as I pulled in my drive steam was pouring out and the reservoir was empty, the garage just topped it up didn’t even warm the engine totally useless, I topped it up again no leaks but it was bubbling so I did what someone as already said left the cap off for around 10 to 15 minutes the coolant dropped again, I topped up and fitted cap went for a long drive all was good again.
    I’m sure it’s nothing serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

Lol
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Suggest changing the expansion cap (yellow one) for a new one, or even the black one fitted to the Corsa E.

My last Corsa D started doing this due to the relase valve in the cap sticking, new cap sorted it.

Cheap thing to try anyway.
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line and a Corsa D VXR > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 > Focus MK3 ST3 250 and a Corsa E VXR ***

+ Reply to Thread