+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default Pipecross Filter

Hi guys

Just fitted a pipecross cone filter, am i the only one that doesnt like the noise? between 2k-3k revs it sounds like the turbo is having an asthma attack!
    That being said i do like the dump valve on gear changes though

Anyone else feel the same?

Cheers

VXR newbie

I've got the AEM cone, and it sounds absolutely mint. Got a mate who had the pipercross, and switched to the AEM because he wasn't keen on the sound.

I too have AEM dry cone
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

VXR enough

They both sound like someone having an asthma attack, only the AEM is slightly quieter.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker_Man View Post
    Hi guys

Just fitted a pipecross cone filter, am i the only one that doesnt like the noise? between 2k-3k revs it sounds like the turbo is having an asthma attack!
    That being said i do like the dump valve on gear changes though

Anyone else feel the same?

Cheers
    Yeah, totally agree mate , I’ve swapped to the AEM & it’s sounds a lot better 🤙..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I don't like about the pipercross is that it's not loud enough!

VXR newbie

glad its not just me then haha, does anyone know what power increase (if any) there is from adding a filter?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker_Man View Post
    glad its not just me then haha, does anyone know what power increase (if any) there is from adding a filter?
    Probably 1 or 2bhp if you are lucky. Sound is usually the main reason for fitting them and slightly less restricted airflow. The filter will add power but you will lose a portion of that due to the intake air being warmer than that which enters via the box.
    I had mine on a standard filter for about 2 weeks and it ran like a bag of spanners, noticeable reduction in power, but I've also heard of others who have found the opposite.
    Just don't soak it in oil like some people do!

VXR newbie

I've left my filter housing in and just sat the filter on top of it so it still has the cold air feed, plus i thought it didn't matter because the intercooler cools the air down?

Also just done an experiment;
    Went for a test drive with the OEM filter on and checked the coolant temp which was : 93 degrees
    With the pipecross it was: 92 degrees
    Maybe the increase of airflow helps keep the engine cooler!

VXR newbie

Another thing does anyone know how the breather hose is fastened into the engine bay? (the small hose at the rear of the box not the one that goes too turbo)
    cant find a clamp/screw on it? should it be plugged into anything too or left hanging loose?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast