+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dear extortionate road tax ......

Dear E R T,
    Take your rip off 315 notes and f'in do one you robbing gets.

Yours sincerely

An angry road user .....

Rant over .....
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

I take it's due then?
    Put so much more politely than I would done the same rant!
    Corsas are cheaper, you could change??? Still a complete rip off though, especially considering the size of some potholes.
    I'd not even consider a low emissions new car because of the £140 tax, I'd get a co2 belching model for the same tax cost!

Times like this I wish I had a 16 plate prius. ......
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    The road tax becomes justified when compared to that level of motoring boredom
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

I used to say that road tax should be added to petrol - the more miles you drive the more you pay. The company I worked for closed (after 38 years) and now I do an 80 mile round trip to work and back. The tax as you drive system doesn't work for me any more !!!! Every car on the road should pay the same amount irrelevant of size etc. The emissions related tax is a farce which is showing first signs of cracking up. What are the government going to do when we are all driving emission free electric cars and they cant screw the motorist at the pump l?? They will just send you a massive road tax bill to drive on the road - which may be 4 figures ?? They will need to get the money out of us somehow and they wont be able to tax the electricity. or maybe they will add another meter to your charging point you have at home !! Road tax never has and never will be fair.

Because you could sell it to fund your VXR road tax.

You don't need a Prius - there's plenty of £30 VED cars out there or you could sell your car and get one of those new fangled cars that are only £140

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    You don't need a Prius - there's plenty of £30 VED cars out there or you could sell your car and get one of those new fangled cars that are only £140
    I was very surprised to find that for cars registered during the previous tax rules, all models of the jaguar XE and most mercedes c class, including the ones that shift, fall into the £30 tax bracket. I'm sure there are many others also with decent performance.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

Im pretty sure they screw us on Fuel tax as it is .... Just keep upping road tax as we cant argue against it.
    Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebill View Post
    I used to say that road tax should be added to petrol - the more miles you drive the more you pay. The company I worked for closed (after 38 years) and now I do an 80 mile round trip to work and back. The tax as you drive system doesn't work for me any more !!!! Every car on the road should pay the same amount irrelevant of size etc. The emissions related tax is a farce which is showing first signs of cracking up. What are the government going to do when we are all driving emission free electric cars and they cant screw the motorist at the pump l?? They will just send you a massive road tax bill to drive on the road - which may be 4 figures ?? They will need to get the money out of us somehow and they wont be able to tax the electricity. or maybe they will add another meter to your charging point you have at home !! Road tax never has and never will be fair.
    +1 agreed!
    Like taxis will pay more as they use the roads more, myself who does few hundred miles a year will pay my small share!
    Just sold the corsa VXR and new car is £555 a year in tax, Breaks my heart
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast