+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Black Insignia Possible Haldex issue

Hi There

Unfortunately might have the famous Haldex problem as when i revesed earlier and pulled off straight i did seem to feel a slight judder from the rear wheels.

Typical as i took it for a good 20 min test drive and there was nothing wrong with the rear axle then so i can say i did check as best i could and it was cold and not a noise out of place despite my best efforts

As i bought it from a car sales 130 mile each way trip i am hoping if i can get it booked into vauxhall down my neck of the woods to do the 2660 oil and filter replace it might be ok as its only minor and when very cold i noticed it.
    Last edited by markmyword21; 2nd November 2018 at 01:14 AM.

VXR enough

you maybe lucky pal but either way its covered under the consumers act of 2015 , repair replace or refund within the first 3 months of purchase , so get onto the garage the sold it to you asap , their responsibility to fix it

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    you maybe lucky pal but either way its covered under the consumers act of 2015 , repair replace or refund within the first 3 months of purchase , so get onto the garage the sold it to you asap , their responsibility to fix it
    Yeah i have but he said unless he or his mechanic finds a fault he will assume it to be fine and i would return with the car. Then after a few words it changed to we can get it looked at by a vauxhall tech and if found to be faulty i would get a refund but its the trouble of doing a 240 mile trip and leaving it with him to trust he gets a vauxhall tech to look at it or into a garage.

Shame as the reviews he has was the reason i went and trusted it. I can see his point as the car does not judder or crab on lock it seems to do it after you reversed and pull away. which it did not do when i test drove it so he thinks i am playing on it because i mentioned it so much previously.

VXR enough

The law says the trader has to be given the chance to repair the vehicle which hes offering to do ! I appreciate the distance involved , i feel that you should pay to have it diagnosed at yr local VX dealer as lets face it , not much different to the costs of taking it back all that way , right ?

VXRed

Its a tough one mate but stick with it, I brought one from a dealer 100 miles away and have had nothing but issues, including the Haldex, Clutch, Timing Chain which resulted in 4 trips backwards and forwards, a whole engine rebuild due to a streched chain, and god knows how much money spent travelling

But even though the dealer claimed there was nothing wrong with the car, they paid for the engine rebuild and all the other works, i complained to the financial ombudsman because the finance company would refund me for all my out of pocket expenses, they claimed that the issues were not there at point of sale

I had over £1800 refunded to me at the request of the financial ombudsman

So if there is a slight concern, take it back to them mate

+ Reply to Thread