+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vents

I wouldn’t see how it’d disrupt any airflow I mean a lot of cars come standard with them, I’m gonna go ahead with it when I get round to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm guy in video says it safe and helps engine cool. it be good if Someone who had these for ages could say if damaged or not. I may try get mine booked in for week on Friday if he can
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by XenonVXR View Post
    I wouldn’t see how it’d disrupt any airflow I mean a lot of cars come standard with them, I’m gonna go ahead with it when I get round to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well yeah but those cars will be designed so the vents actually help with the airflow.

This was from one of the threads which was taken from an article:
    “Engine-bay Airflow

This is a very important issue, which some people neglect, or take for granted.

Fresh air enters through the front intakes, moves through radiator fins, pipes, hot components etc, then exits via the vents at the back of the bonnet, as well as underneath the engine. At speed these 'exit routes' are well defined and part of the original design.”

To be fair I think it’s more of an issue for the Astra J as there’s insulator underneath the bonnet. For me personally it’s a case of “if in doubt leave it alone”

Bottom of the windscreen/rear edge of the bonnet is a high pressure area, so nothing will be venting out of there at speed!

Some of the well designed intakes you can buy for Type Rs use that area for an air intake, and it's also where most cars draw air in for the HVAC system.
    Astra GSi ~ VXR Injectors / VXR 80mm AFM / VXR Turbo / CDTi Airbox / TS Recirc / K&N / 3" Piper Exhaust / CS FMIC / EBC YellowStuff / Bridgestone S001 / Bilstein B12 Pro-kit / Whiteline RARB
    CS Mapped 285 BHP / 340 Ft.lbs

Quote Originally Posted by CAC View Post
    Just been reading through some old threads on here regarding vents and people are saying it can disrupt the air flow and cause problems. So now I’ve gone off the idea lol
    I've been running vents for 3 years and not had one issue. Definitely keeps the bay cooler, and the car isn't taking off when driving at speed. Air intake for these is in the wheel well area near the fog so wouldn't be affected by the bonnet vent
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3