+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Red face Upcoming MOT for my TT 1.9cdti with DPF removed

Hi Guys,
    I am a newbie just after some advise on my upcoming MOT.

Got a Astra 1.9cdti on a 2007 which had the DPF drilled out and mapped out when I bought the car 3 years ago.
    Due to the recent MOT changes in May this year I'm now fearing that the car will not pass the emissions test.
    I assume its nit just a smoke test with Diesel anymore and that they are now subject to the usual petrol engine tests?
    Do I stand any chance?

Any advise would be appreciated

For a diesel to now pass the MOT, it will be subjected to an emissions test, smoke test and a visual inspection of the dpf.
    If there is any smoke whatsoever, from the exhaust, the car will fail.
    The dpf is inspected to ensure one is fitted and secondly, it's not been tampered with in any way. If it has, it's an instant failure.
    To replace a dpf can be expensive, possibly around the £1k region. If you decide to replace it, I would carry the receipt of the work and ensure the receipt is specific to your car registration. Any tester should then be satisfied it's not just been tampered with.
    At the age of the car, it's questionable if the expense is justified, so might be better changing the car.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

For a diesel to now pass the MOT, it will be subjected to an emissions test, smoke test and a visual inspection of the dpf.
    If there is any smoke whatsoever, from the exhaust, the car will fail.
    The dpf is inspected to ensure one is fitted and secondly, it's not been tampered with in any way. If it has, it's an instant failure.
    To replace a dpf can be expensive, possibly around the £1k region. If you decide to replace it, I would carry the receipt of the work and ensure the receipt is specific to your car registration. Any tester should then be satisfied it's not just been tampered with.
    At the age of the car, it's questionable if the expense is justified, so might be better changing the car.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

Welcome aboard VxRO mate
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

+ Reply to Thread