+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Help with strange vibrations.

Hi all,

New to the forums, have had a Corsa D VXR for 2 months and over the last 3 weeks have had a strange vibration but only at specific times.

When first starting the car the engine starts as normal, the engine revs initially raise on start and then settle, then about 3 seconds after the revs have settled at idle a strange vibration starts. (The only way I could describe this vibration is to say it feels like the same vibration you get if you pull away in second) The vibration only happens when the car has just been started and is idle, once i start driving off the vibrations stop and when I stop again at a traffic light e.c.t. nothing.

I only had a few theories but I wouldn't say im mechanically minded enough to know for certain what is causing this. I know the only thing I can draw from this is that the problem only happens if the car is cold or hasn't been driven in the last hour or two. Could it be a temperature thing?

Is making me a little concerned. Any advise or theories as to what it is would be appreciated.

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by DatFaceSoldier View Post
    Hi all,

New to the forums, have had a Corsa D VXR for 2 months and over the last 3 weeks have had a strange vibration but only at specific times.

When first starting the car the engine starts as normal, the engine revs initially raise on start and then settle, then about 3 seconds after the revs have settled at idle a strange vibration starts. (The only way I could describe this vibration is to say it feels like the same vibration you get if you pull away in second) The vibration only happens when the car has just been started and is idle, once i start driving off the vibrations stop and when I stop again at a traffic light e.c.t. nothing.

I only had a few theories but I wouldn't say im mechanically minded enough to know for certain what is causing this. I know the only thing I can draw from this is that the problem only happens if the car is cold or hasn't been driven in the last hour or two. Could it be a temperature thing?

Is making me a little concerned. Any advise or theories as to what it is would be appreciated.
    I would start by checking your plugs for colour, make sure not fouled up , then check the maf, sounds fuel related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread