+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie Help!!

VXR newbie

Default Newbie Help!!

Now then everyone, Iím new to the forums and Iím after some help and advice if possible? I apologise if there is a thread to cover this, I have looked but couldnít see what I was looking for. I am new to the Vauxhall brand and Iím going to test drive an Astra J Vxr 2013 in white next week from an Evans Halshaw. Hope sheís perfect cos I am soooo giddy to drive her away! BUT.....since joining this forum I have seen a fair bit on gearbox/gb oil/full lock whines etc. I know the good bits but Just wondered if someone could help me with a list of the top 5/10 problems that the ĎJísí suffer from or are prone to. Bodywork, mechanical, anything. And also how to spot them? Not bothered how negative it might sound, I am getting one, just want to make sure I can get the best one available. Thanks very much in advance to anyone who takes the time to help. Tom

Welcome.

How many miles on it ?

Ask when the gearbox oil was last changed.
    Check the gear change is OK. 1st to 2nd.
    Make sure the clutch is not sliping.
    Check the wear on the front discs, do they have a lip?
    Tyre wear, it goes through front tyres.

VXR newbie

Cheers for that. Nice to be here. 43k on the clock. Is it worth doing gearbox oil whatever they tell me? When you say check 1st to 2nd is it an obvious fault or issue. I’m confident I’d pick up a loud crunch or it struggling to get in gear etc but I’m no mechanic, do I need radio off or sales man to be quiet incase it’s a little noise etc. Ta

Welcome aboard VxRO mate
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

VXR newbie

Cheers Woody

+ Reply to Thread