+ Reply to Thread
    Are you VXR enough?

Default ABS/ECU fault light

Ok guys, It's not a VXR but a corsa D. I do have the vectra VXR so hence posting here. Anyway, the other half's corsa started to make a rumbling noise and my suspicion was the wheel bearing. Whipped the hub mount off, took a wee while and sure enough the wheel bearing was goosed. Purchased a replacement kit and duly fitted it and refitted hub etc. Well now there is the ecu light on the dash and when using diagnostic equipment it has come up with error C1222 which seems to point to the possibility of it being ABS related but there are no ABS error codes from the ABS diagnostic area. Anyone any ideas, nothing was disconnected other than the ABS sensor from the hub?

Was it a cheap oh one from China???

Are you VXR enough?

Nope, genuine one from GPS?

Might be unrelated, have you noticed any difference in braking performance, eg pulling to one side? My 08 plate has been causing me a big headache the past couple of months and it turned out to be the actual ABS unit that had failed, but no warning lights.

VXR newbie

The ABS sensor gets its signal from an integrated magnetic ring on the wheel bearing, there is a possibility you have put the bearing in the wrong way round therefore the sensor is not picking up the magnetic signal.

Quote Originally Posted by steve7martin View Post
    The ABS sensor gets its signal from an integrated magnetic ring on the wheel bearing, there is a possibility you have put the bearing in the wrong way round therefore the sensor is not picking up the magnetic signal.
    I agree with this, if it has only happened since the wheel bearing replacement and the sensor is connected okay the only thing would be the bearing fitted the wrong way round

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Was it front right ?
    Dead unit or wiring, always try the plug again.

Was it front right ?
    Dead unit or wiring, always try the plug again.

Quote Originally Posted by steve7martin View Post
    Is this the same for all bearings? I need to do one on my corsavan so be useful to know prior to dismantling as I've never done a bearing before.

Are you VXR enough?

I had fitted the bearing the right way round because if I didn't then the ABS light would have been on as well but it was only ecu management light. So, decided to disconnect the battery overnight on saturday, went out sunday morning and reconnected battery and no more warning lights. All is now good.

Also to answer the above, when you buy genuine or good aftermarket wheel bearings they will come with a plastic cap covering the magnetic ring strip, just make sure when fitting that this magnetic ring strip is visible on the inner part of the knuckle that the driveshaft locates into and you should be fine. when you remove the knuckle in the first place you will see the magnetic ring strip as long as it's still intact

+ Reply to Thread