+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRed blooded

yeah, think i'll try soaking the lumps in it and then picking at them to see if i can get them to come off rather than risk rubbing them and putting more scratches in, and just rinse the bits off with water. will be giving it a go over with the machine polisher and scratch and swirl remover and then a wax if it works anyway.

Given that wet cement is calcium hydroxide, your best bet will be to use a weak acid.

If you can rub off the loose excess cement, without damaging the paint you'll have less work down the line.

You can spray on vinegar/citric acid without damaging lacquer (assuming it isn't damaged. If it is, coat around it with wax or the likes to protect the paint).
    Let it react for a few hours, spray with fresh acid from time to time so it remains in contact, wash off with soapy water and repeat as necessary. Patience may be required, but it'll do the job without damage.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed blooded

thanks for all the help guys, with some of the auto glym stuff and some vinegar and a LOT of work i've managed to get probably 99% of it off and the few scratches i caused i think will come out with a good polish

Good stuff. Get a good coat of a good wax or sealant on their to make he surface as slick as possible. If it ever happens again it'll be a lot easier to remove.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2