+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Steaming Up interior - Estate

Good morning all.

I have posted this elsewhere but didnt get any decent pointers.

Over the past few months the car suffers from steaming up inside. more so when the family are in but have notices it as well with just myself. Last night i was travelling in the dark and they misted up really bad causing me to pull over to try and sort it out, luckily the roads were quiet.

So far i have changed the pollen/cabin filter, put 4 socks filled with cat litter in the footwells, x 2 condensation collectors under both front chairs. Still no good.

I have taped newspaper over every window seal, footwell, boot, spare wheel well and i cannot locate a source of the ingress. All carpets are dry and scuttle tray is clear. Rubber bungs into the car are intact.

My old estate never misted like this. To clear i have to run the fans on number 7 whilst finding optimal temperature (i cant run the car with cold air when i have the wife and kids in it), for me i just open the window and suck it up.

i have ran the AC whilst on with a little heat and this works but the second i turn the AC off it comes back twice as bad making driving dangerous. Of note this is one method and use this in extremis. cant drive with AC on constantly.

Any ideas???
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Is it wet under the carpet ?, first thought.
    Do the vents work for the screen / is it on feet or centre not screen / is A/C charged.
    ( the bracket breaks or motor failed so won’t adjust from feet/centre/screen )

Why can’t you drive with a/c on ? mines on all year stops it smelling when you turn it on.

P.s. was it you on the 47 Saturday about 1100 with the dark shades on east bound ???

Plus door cards have they still got the plastic cover on underneath???

Is recirculating flat working?

VXRed blooded

Cabbage spike should have txt me, I have some ideas
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Replied on other means mate
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Is it wet under the carpet ?, first thought.
    Do the vents work for the screen / is it on feet or centre not screen / is A/C charged.
    ( the bracket breaks or motor failed so won’t adjust from feet/centre/screen )

Why can’t you drive with a/c on ? mines on all year stops it smelling when you turn it on.

P.s. was it you on the 47 Saturday about 1100 with the dark shades on east bound ???
    No wet carpets mate. vents are angled to screen and passenger (on normal) when window clear is active it points only to the screen.

Yes i would have been on the 47 at that time mate, picked up my IC. where were you? didnt see any VXR

Big yellow thing “jack **** richards”

Why can’t you drive with ac on ?

Is the recirc flap moving ?

Default Steaming Up interior - Estate

Ah right. Heading out of Leicester? Flaps on recirc etc work fine. Don’t like AC on constant mate. Especially now as when it turns off it’s when I seem to have the most trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To Leicester/Bardon.

If carpets are dry all vents work correctly ac works !!!
    Take it its all windows not just front.
    Door seals? Or the plastic film under door card been removed or holes in them ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast